SOLD…Value? - Split Hood - Spring Green - DFW, TX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jade Bean

Figuring out life still.
SILVER Star
Threads
I bought this several years ago and polished it for wall art, but I’m redoing my garage and I’m not sure where I’d put it. I could put it outside, but still not sure.

If I sell it, I have zero clue what’s it’s worth. Anyone wanna suggest an asking price if I do let it go? I do t really wanna sell it so if it’s not worth much I’ll find somewhere to hang it. There’s damage on the Front passenger side. I’ll have to get a better pic later as my back is messed up right now and it’s hard to do that this moment. TIA!!

-Daniel Kent
8C24AB5D-AAA7-4076-840E-7FC0A6554A5C.jpeg
4207E4A7-21CC-437E-BC30-2FAFCF079991.jpeg

The hood spear alone is worth quite a bit. OEM spears are hard to find in decent shape. I’m sure someone would be interested in the hood also as it’s in 1/2 decent shape.

In 2018 this one sold for $125 same day…

Four years later they aren’t any easier to find.

Pretty well the only other option is aluminum…
ED4EB53C-705A-4704-A2E9-BC3E8110A6D8.jpeg
ABD9283F-14DA-4309-958E-AB3AED16FA7D.jpeg

I have another spear as well, but I wanna keep one. Crazy what parts go for. I could mount this outside on the fence, but I’m thinking wasps will turn the back into a haven. Lol. I’m sure that’s probably what I’ll do though.

In 2018 this one sold for $125 same day…

Four years later they aren’t any easier to find.

Pretty well the only other option is aluminum…View attachment 3040427View attachment 3040428

66A05A25-76E0-4150-8255-99E2B975753D.jpeg

To be clear, I hand fabricated this spear out of 1”x1” high grade aluminum from scratch. I borrowed a steel spear from a local mud member as a guide. I’m in no way affiliated with JT Outfitters, and have requested they remove my picture from their website. It was used without my consent and I don’t feel their spear would look like the one I made from scratch even if polished.

Here are the images I found today on JT Outfitters website:
16DFEDC1-50C1-4847-A5B3-6540F8CFAF83.png
1F70702C-E1FB-42F8-A7BC-895229AA14DE.png

View attachment 3228917
To be clear, I hand fabricated this spear out of 1”x1” high grade aluminum from scratch. I borrowed a steel spear from a local mud member as a guide. I’m in no way affiliated with JT Outfitters, and have requested they remove my picture from their website. It was used without my consent and I don’t feel their spear would look like the one I made from scratch even if polished.

Here are the images I found today on JT Outfitters website:View attachment 3228912View attachment 3228913
Sorry for the confusion. I was in my easy chair one night, I Googled FJ40 Hood Trim. Your pic came up. I made the wrong assumption it was one of ours as we have sold a lot. Customers like to see them on vehicles, so I put it on the product. I was unaware it was a one-off you had made. I have instructed my guys to remove it as well as put more pictures of our in greater detail. They did, Billet Hood Trim for Early Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 Split Hood Emblem Spear – JT Outfitters - https://www.jtoutfitters.com/product/billet-hood-trim-for-early-land-cruiser-fj40-split-hood-emblem/

Once again, no harm intended, thanks for letting us know!

Sorry for the confusion. I was in my easy chair one night, I Googled FJ40 Hood Trim. Your pic came up. I made the wrong assumption it was one of ours as we have sold a lot. Customers like to see them on vehicles, so I put it on the product. I was unaware it was a one-off you had made. I have instructed my guys to remove it as well as put more pictures of our in greater detail. They did, Billet Hood Trim for Early Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 Split Hood Emblem Spear – JT Outfitters - https://www.jtoutfitters.com/product/billet-hood-trim-for-early-land-cruiser-fj40-split-hood-emblem/

Once again, no harm intended, thanks for letting us know!
Thanks.

I did end up selling this hood. Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom