SOLD SOLD Top shift three speed transmission/transfer w/ Downey adapters for V8 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SOLD

Good 3 speed transmission and transfer case set up for a GM V8 conversion.

I picked this up thinking I'd do a 3 speed transfer gear swap into my 4 speed. I've decided I won't wheel the 40 (if I ever finish it!) so I'm not going to use it. I believe it to include everything needed for a V8 conversion. PO had transfer rebuilt at a local shop. Both transmission and transfer shift crisply into gear and turn smoothly by hand. I have never installed or run these. There's visual evidence of some professional welding (possible repair?) at bottom of transfer case.

Includes propeller mount, adapter plate, aluminum GM bell housing, flywheel, and everything in photos. Believed to be Downey. The unit would also be good to replace your worn out unit or to convert to floor shift. If converting, I have a transmission tunnel I could add for a little extra.

Asking SOLD. I'm in Chattanooga, TN.

Last edited:
If you were willing to part it out, I'd be interested in the 3 speed transmission floor shifter, the 4WD floor shifter, and the rear crossmember motor mount- - -not interested in paying postage on the remainder- - -lemme know.

Hey Jim,

I'm not opposed to parting, had just hoped someone semi-local could use the whole thing. I thought I'd messaged you a while back about them, but couldn't find the PM.

Let me know what you have in mind.

Thanks.

If you were willing to part it out, I'd be interested in the 3 speed transmission floor shifter, the 4WD floor shifter, and the rear crossmember motor mount- - -not interested in paying postage on the remainder- - -lemme know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom