1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sold the 90 FJ62 today

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Landpimp, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    Sold it to my best freinds wife Carole, Mike is the dude who bought the Jimiwag 45LV. Carole has loved the 62 sense we got it, so when she heard we were selling it she was the natual buyer, she is super excited, she will pick it up next weekend.

Connie is very sad though..........she really loved that 62.....and wanted to keep it, but the fact is niether of us would drive it much......and its time to let the stuff we don't use go down the road, if we would have waited much longer to sell the 62 we prolly wouldn't have sold it.........so this makes sense, even though its emotional hard. I know someday I will regret selling it as I could never find a nicer 62 again :(

But the 62 needed a good home and its found one. I have no worries selling it to them, it needs nothing and will run for many many more years.

Connie asked me to take the center caps off the 62 so she could have something to remember it by.......so I did :)

John

2. krzyabncanuck

krzyabncanuck USFS HOTSHOT

I know what you mean. I have had to let a few trucks go when i had to PCS to another state. Then we look back and say that we should of just got someone to drive it for us or pay someone to haul it.Least it went to a good home.

3. firetruck41

firetruck41

I understand too. I will take the green 82 FJ40 off your hands now that you are driving the 100 so much. ;p :grinpimp:

4. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Yeah I remember you mentioning that last year John. The Jimiwagons probably happy to see a familiar face again ... a driveway mate :D

TY

5. Junk

Junk

That's the one that was stolen 2 yrs ago right? Sorry to see it go, but C is going all yuppie dumping old school for IFS :eek: :D

6. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    no it the one that replaced the one that was stolen(we got it back) but then was hit at 50MPH.......its still in my back yard.

this one was a mint 90 that we bought from the orignal owner in town 2 years ago, sweet 62

7. freightdog

freightdog

This is pointless without a picture!

I can not get a feel for this Cruiser - but know it must be perfect if the Pimp is selling!

8. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

i thought you were never going to flip a cruiser

9. HZJ60 Guy

HZJ60 Guy Tank Buster

Well heck, the guy's almost cruiser poor now. Does this mean you'll be selling anymore of your harum LP?

Dont start to make this a habbit now!!!!!

10. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    fliping would mean I made money......I did not, I had about 11K into this 62.......sold it for 7K.

next up to head down the road is the 78 fj55....she has too much rust for me.

11. Junk

Junk

Ok, yeah, now I remember you posting pics of where that happened. Sorry to see one go, but you can only spread your love so far.

12. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    Connie and I are having real issues letting the 62 go........she just loves that old wagon to death(more than I thought she did) and I love it also....

I think we are gonna end up keeping it......which makes no real sense, but if it makes Connie happy then thats OK.

We don't need to sell it........and we don't need to keep it.......damn I gotta get rid of something........the Jimiwag as easy to let go.......which was odd, guess I'll dump the 78 fj55.....

I really thought the 62 was going to be easy to let go........I was VERY VERY wrong.

I also think Connie wants to say she has a Lexus and a Land Cruiser.....;)

I know Carole(the buyer) will be OK with it........

damn......why was this so hard?