For Sale SOLD SOLD SOLD 1972 FJ40 Colorado Truck Unmolested (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Need to sell my FJ40 - unfortunately. This 1972 model built in July. I bought it last year and have been in the process of getting all the bugs out of it. It runs good and really doesn't need anything at this point. Here is the list of things that have been done:

Brand New OME leaf suspension kit including shocks and steering stabilizer
New tail lights and front blinkers
Aussie locker installed last week in the rear axle (spider gears where worn)
Oil change and plugs
New interior with sandblasted seat frames / repaint (still need rear seats done)
New rear motor mounts - (fronts are newer style)
8000 # warn winch with SOR winch mount
Warn manual front hubs
New clutch, resurfaced flywheel and flywheel bolts
Converted back to Asian carburetor (had a Rochester)
New voltage regulator
New hoses throughout
Transmission and transfer case resealed and inspected
New window riser on driver side from SOR
New front brake hoses
Sandblasted and painted skid plate and running boards
Sandblasted and repainted OEM steel wheels
Sandblasted and repainted front bumper
New rear bumpers
OEM rear step installed

I have receipts for all of the items mentioned, and I am sure some that I have forgotten about. The truck is all stock, with the original F motor and 3 speed on the floor. All the lights work, but the gauges work intermittently. Actual mileage is unknown, but I suspect that it may have been rebuilt at some point as the F motor runs strong and does not smoke. Transmission works as it should. It has drum brakes all the way around and they function very well without any pulling or wheel lockup. Four wheel drive system works like it should. The Warn winch is relatively new and comes with hand held remote.

The truck has had some rust repairs done to it on the rear corners and sill, but all the floors are original and very solid. Looks like there is filler in the passenger side sill, but the rest of the truck looks untouched. Looks as though hood and front apron was replaced from a red truck, and the truck was originally a light blue, but has a amateur respray with a darker blue. As you can tell from the list above I was intending to keep the truck for a long time, but things change. Headliner needs to be replaced along with the rear jump seats recovered.

I have a clear South Carolina title in hand. Asking price is $15k.

I you need more photos or would like to do an I phone Facetime tour let me know.

I am located just a little north of Charlotte NC, and you are welcome to come and see the truck in person. Curt 704-918-6272 whatizname@gmail.com

2019-05-03 16.32.43.jpg

2019-05-05 12.04.25.jpg

2019-05-05 12.05.39.jpg

2019-05-05 12.06.34.jpg

2019-05-05 12.08.11.jpg

Here is a dropbox link for you guys to see all the photos:

A answer to the question about the chassis - the frame is super solid - no repairs or damage. The only rust in the truck is on the bottom of the half doors in the back, which I have included photos of on dropbox.
Thanks for your interest.

Open to offers

SOLD - Please remove

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom