Sold one of my Land Cruisers but... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Because the new owner signed a document releasing liability does not mean the transport company is not liable, it only means he accepts the vehicle in good condition, upon discovering immediately afterwards the issue the signed agreement will mean very little. Take them to small claims court. Because they have a signed document does not mean they didn't breach the contract or terms of the delivery. I would press this into small claims and force them to defend, force the driver to defend, force the headache. They will concede. IMHO.

Zona

agreed.

X2 ^

I do agree with you all but at this point I am not going to be on the offense. I did my part and now I have my pics and video to defend myself.
And thanks again Chester for the support out there.

Some of my militia buddies will want to disagree, but I'd probably fax this guy $500 next time he squawks and be passed it, there's enough nuisance in tomorrow to not want yesterdays popping up from behind my shoulder.

Great point ^

Ended contact with the buyer, he was not grateful one bit about all the time and effort put in to help him out, all he wants is the $$$$$.

What a A$$HOLE, won't make it in the MUD community.

Hey musthave, we could go offer him 10 large and take his broken truck, your wife needs her own anyway, right?

Yea, good point.

Your thread has allowed me to learn from other's misfortune in the event that I buy/sell a vehicle across the country. I deal with freight carriers a LOT and have it as a policy to take pictures after it is set on the truck, but before it is covered up by a tarp. I have seen the results of a truck driver trying to deliver something that hit a bridge......

I had not thought about videotaping operation just prior to loading in order to document it's proper operation.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom