Sold one of my Land Cruisers but... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bump

Southwest Insurance Inc in FL will not file a claim because the Transport company is saying that the new buyer checked off and signed the release during delivery. They said that signature removes all liability. So basically go f@#ck yourself. If you ever need to transport a vehicle and your broker recommends 3D Express Transportation, scream like a 9 yr old girl and run! The new owner is starting to face facts that the insurance company is pretty much rejecting any claims so and I told him I would help in locating parts once he diagnoses the problem. I will post what he finds once they take it apart.

Southwest Insurance Inc in FL will not file a claim because the Transport company is saying that the new buyer checked off and signed the release during delivery. They said that signature removes all liability. So basically go f@#ck yourself. If you ever need to transport a vehicle and your broker recommends 3D Express Transportation, scream like a 9 yr old girl and run! The new owner is starting to face facts that the insurance company is pretty much rejecting any claims so and I told him I would help in locating parts once he diagnoses the problem. I will post what he finds once they take it apart.

Wow, that's some sucka$$ news. Thanks for letting us know who they are. Parts from Beno are here in 2 days. Is he up for doing it himself?

He called one of his buddies to take the front end apart to find out what he needs.

My money is on ring and pinion missing teeth. If it hits the spot with no teeth the truck will sit with only front ds turning. Indicates that the viscous coupler is good. If he were to give it more gas, the vc would tighten and force the rear ds to turn. It would be noisy and crunchy when it moves as what's left of the teeth try to realign. Front axle and diff rebuild is in your future. Sorry hear that.

This could be a fairly "easy" DIY job if it's the R&P and you send the diff off to Zuk. He'll make sure that end is done right.

I'm not so sure how many others I'd trust that job to.

You can get the diff out without taking the knuckles apart, saving all of that from having to be worked on if it's not part of the problem. So my $0.02 would be to pull the diff and examine the R&P. If you have obvious failure there, send it off and get it fixed, then throw it back on the truck. That will keep costs to a minimum (focus on the problem, get it done right the first time).

Just read the entire thread. I was reading along so optimistically, thinking I was going to come across a happy ending. Wrong!. This is a sucky situation. I hope for the seller and new owner that it will all work out without too much headache. Sorry for all the hassle the OP has already dealt with.

This sucks! I pointed and laughed as the front axle was completely rebuilt a little over a year ago when the rig lived in Alabama... no problems...
Dang this thing travels more than Delta!

He needs to keep pestering them. In insurance claims, the squeaky wheel gets the cash. That signature probably does not, in fact, exclude them from any liability for the damage. I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice.

This sucks! I pointed and laughed as the front axle was completely rebuilt a little over a year ago when the rig lived in Alabama... no problems...
Dang this thing travels more than Delta!

Yeah, it was a great solid truck. I was planning on keeping it and transferring my other parts from my landcruiser onto this but my plans changed and had to sell. I put so much time and money into it and all went to $hit by a knuckle dragging truck driver. Thanks for the photo!!!

That is an amazing restoration - how in the world did you fix this so well? Do you do your own bodywork?

dsc_7408-jpg.812556

I am in the business of Performance Parts & Accessories. I work with a few body shops and this one that did the work I have been using for close to 20 years.

Of course the ins co will try not to pay. I would keep pushing and have your lawyer get in touch with them or even file suit. I work in personal injury (not an attorney yet and none of this is legal advice) and ins companies are always pulling shady s***.

Just got a copy of the estimate from the new owner 2 days ago.
He towed it to Toy House in Tampa FL. They wrote him up for $1971.66
They are swapping the front diff stating it was "busted" (that's special Toyota Terminology)
and replacing with a used one and replacing all seals and bearings.
They are also stating that the parts on the front end were "incorrect/wrong parts installed"
No idea how that works, how can incorrect parts be installed on the front end???
Says front axle snap rings incorrect size, and lock washers too large.
I know previous owner chimed in earlier on this thread with a pic showing front end was redone.
Truck was running tip top at freeway speeds before the delivery to FL.
Anyways, I can barely read the handwriting. (posted pic)
New owner is expecting me to pay at least half.
20141007_123427.jpg

The rebuild kit put in at Clanks house was ALL Toyota OEM purchased here on mud.
And besides, how can the snap ring be too big but still fit in the hub dust cap? I LOL.
I'm assuming this shop deals with mini's and their hubs are close, but NOT the same as the 80 hub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom