Sold my 60, now dialing in my 40 - tire opinions please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
So, the FJ60 on 38" Swampers is gone. :confused:

Going forward I'll be wheeling my SUA FJ40 (ARB lockers, 4.56 diffs) and I'm getting ready to bump up from the 33" BFG KM2s on there to 35s.
You all wheel what I wheel, in general (input from the guys out west is useless). I'm looking for a relatively aggressive tire that'll work in the rocks of the northeast... Fall Gathering, AOAA and Rausch - for example.
I'm looking for radials - one set of tires... I don't want to be swapping back & forth. I'll trailer it on most wheeling trips but want to drive it regionally often. Going with 17" wheels.
So far the tires that have been mentioned:
Goodyear MTR
BFG KM3
Toyo MT
Maxxis Trepador

I'm hoping for real-world input from those that know.

Thanks
Mark

My FJ40.jpg

Irok or TSL for general New England woods wheelin is my .02

Any guesses on what the 40 weighs?
Full metal tech cage steel sliders winch on the front soon aluminum 3/4 tub. No I don't know what it weighs.

I would go with either bfg mt or toyo mt. Specially for the road, Karls 40 has toyos and road manners are very good for 37’s.

I’ve been running those goodyear mtr‘s with the Kevlar sidewalls on the 60 for the past ten years no idea how many road miles on them I’ve been happy with them off road as well as on road

I would go with the BFG KM3. The MT and KM2 have never let me down off or on road.
Im also on the hunt for some 35” for my FJ40. What direction are you thinking for wheels? I see your running the stock steelies like me.

I would go with the BFG KM3. The MT and KM2 have never let me down off or on road.
Im also on the hunt for some 35” for my FJ40. What direction are you thinking for wheels? I see your running the stock steelies like me.
I'm 99% sure I'm getting steel raceline beadlocks

Tires - 34's on the FJC

I always had issues balancing BFG mud terrains.
I liked my Toyo Open Country MT's but the price went from approx $300 per tire to $500
I am running Yokohama Geolander MT's and they perform well and are fairly quiet on the highway.

The 55 has Dick Cepek Extreme Country MT's as does the LJ77

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom