SOLD SOLD Kentucky: Beige 1983 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1/14/19 You can still be the first person to come look at this 60. This is a good running Cruiser with brand new 33” tires on 16” wheels, Old Man Emu and a STRONG motor. Just needs a new home!

Reluctantly selling my 1983 Toyota Land Cruiser. I just drove this truck from California to Kentucky in three days 2,400 miles, ran perfect the entire way. Drove it from Wyoming to Yosemite before that. @2500 rpm it runs 65. Cruise at 70 no problem. Engine rebuild and desmog at 175,000 miles, very strong 2F. Has typical rust, fenders/quarter panels. Frame is solid with surface rust (Wyoming truck). No AC, heat works great, no radio. Most everything else works fine. Nothing special as far as looks, best color in my opinion. 4wd works great. Where it lacks cosmetically, the powertrain makes up for it. Starts first time on the coldest mornings. Rack built by Gamiviti in Colorado shipped to my door was $1,400. Can go with truck for additional cost. Not included. Would keep the cruiser if I didn’t have other financial obligations, want it to go to a good home.

Engine rebuild @175k, desmogged, Weber carb added, Manafre headers
Old Man Emu 2.5" lift
New Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 285/75/16 tires (~33")
New 16" powdercoated aluminum wheels, correct size, no spacers etc.
'85 body and interior parts added (hood, fenders, doors)
New electric fuel pump
Electric choke
New starter
New exhaust pipe
Newer shackles on front springs
Regular oil changes
Full size spare brand new mounted on stock rim

No stereo
No Air Conditioning (removed, don't have)
Power steering pump leaks
Front birfs seem good
Rear hatch doesn't lock
Typical rust, see photos
Windshield is cracked pretty bad
Windshield wipers need to be replaced

Mud price $6000

Here are some of her better pics, more to follow
34CF09CD-EC73-4779-8389-2BB826E31C3A.jpeg
6BF15D59-FD75-4A54-AA61-5FDC55B08518.jpeg
A506FC74-717A-4399-AE8D-AE94707B6763.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you, it’s a great driver. I would turn around and drive it all the way back to CA without hesitating.

Reactions: MDK
Not one test drive yet. Good truck for someone, daily drive or ready for the trails. Very capable.

Last edited:
Got any pictures of the rear frame and C channels???? what part of KY are you in??? I could see making this a wheeler with FI and some gears and lockers!!!! I have friends and family in Etown near Louisville and could always use a trip.

I’ll take some tomorrow. Glasgow or Bowling Green, KY. Would make a great wheeler if that’s the direction you wanted to go.

Yes, can’t believe it though! The holidays must’ve wiped everybody out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom