Sold house truck & got a 98 Limited 4Runner ELocked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bottom line I made a bad decision selling my LC for the house truck. So I sold the house truck and bought a 3rd gen runner with the factory E-Locker. Has 248 on the clicker, but has all work done by Toyota and receipts from day 1. All previous owners added to the folder. Pretty clean truck with 2 blemishes, the steering wheel peeling and the driver seat ripped. All else is in great shape.

The truck is so good that all I did was install a top console compartment that came from a 99-02 Limited. I use it to hold my garage door & gate remotes. It actually supposed to be a sun glass holder. The truck came with a $3000 upgraded stereo system. So, I added my DVD Clarion Head-unit and DVD Headrests so my 4 year old can watch his Power Rangers.

The truck came with 285 Toyo A/Ts on 6 spoke FJ Cruiser rims. The previous owner bought 4 new springs from Toyota. He upgraded the front and rear springs to heavies. Don't ask me why, because the truck has all stock bumpers and the only weight that he had for load was the speaker box holding the 2 12" MTX woofers/ 2 amps. 2 new front shocks and 2 new rear shocks were installed when the new coils were changed. KYB Monomax is the brand of the shocks. The ride is pretty stiff compared to stock applications with no weight. I plan on lifting the truck with 00-06 TRD Tundra front coil/struts and stock front FJ80 coils. SO ANY OF YOU FJ/FZJ80 owners with stock front springs and want to give it away or sell LET ME KNOW PLEASE.

Some other things the PO did was upgraded all exterior lights to the 99-02 style, all undercarriage bushings to polyurethane and tundra exhaust.

Well it's getting late and I'm tired so here's some pix to follow.

image-321640264.jpg

image-2730242599.jpg

image-2730242599.jpg

image-321640264.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats nice looking runner. The 285s looking fitting for that truck. I think I see your ex LC every morning on my way home from work.

Congrats nice looking runner. The 285s looking fitting for that truck. I think I see your ex LC every morning on my way home from work.

Thanks, but I think the tires look stuffed and needs some air space between tire and fender well.

Cool to see ya back in a rig Dain. Come tax refund time I may be doing a 2.5" on my truck, not sure. So that's a possibility.

Cool to see ya back in a rig Dain. Come tax refund time I may be doing a 2.5" on my truck, not sure. So that's a possibility.

Sounds good Joe! Let me know.

Here's some daytime shots

Sent from my hawn finga using IH8MUD

ForumRunner_20140127_114215.jpg

ForumRunner_20140127_114240.jpg

Sharp lookin 4Runner man... looking forward to getting back and seeing it!

Sharp lookin 4Runner man... looking forward to getting back and seeing it!

Mikey, wassup man. Howz skool man? Lookin forward to my build, but it sucks gotta start all over. Miss u over the Holidays. Herd you were in town. Next x .

Nice looking rig, Dain. That's always been my favorite body style for the 4runners.

Love it, Julia will be jealous. A lot of us are starting over!

Mahalos Kyle. This is actually my first 3rd gen. Never owned a Toyota this new for myself (wifes 07 Limited Sequoia). Had 1 black SR5 91 and a s*** load of 1st gen runners/pick-UPS.

Gonna give the IFS a try and if it doesn't please me, then I'll SAS it down the road

Nice looking rig, Dain. That's always been my favorite body style for the 4runners.

Me too Will. I grew up with Toyota's. Back home in Oahu, my Dad has a 04 xcab prerunner Taco 2wd. My Mom has a 2013 2wd doublecab and a 98 2wd 4runner. My 2ND brother has a 20014wd Limited 4runner. My baby Bro has a Lexus 2013 IS.
To me this is the nicest body style. Not going to beat it, just try to have fun family outings.

Last edited:
Sounds like to me that Toyota owes you and your family a lifetime of free parts with all of the business you have given them. Speaking of parts, if you have any 80's parts you need to get rid of, let me know.

Mikey, wassup man. Howz skool man? Lookin forward to my build, but it sucks gotta start all over. Miss u over the Holidays. Herd you were in town. Next x .

School's coming along... one semester down, 5 more to go.

I'm not sure when I'm going to be back west again, but will definitely let you know. I bet the warmer weather will be easier to plan something in, maybe a BBQ or day trip somewhere.

I've done a little exploring out here in the Isuzu. Not to derail, but when Kyle says we're all starting over, count me in.

Here's a shot of my rig from last weekend:

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg

School's coming along... one semester down, 5 more to go.

I'm not sure when I'm going to be back west again, but will definitely let you know. I bet the warmer weather will be easier to plan something in, maybe a BBQ or day trip somewhere.

I've done a little exploring out here in the Isuzu. Not to derail, but when Kyle says we're all starting over, count me in.

Here's a shot of my rig from last weekend:

Wow I thought you had the car this whole time. Didn't know you bought an Isuzu. Wow mean! Nice rack.

Wow I thought you had the car this whole time. Didn't know you bought an Isuzu. Wow mean! Nice rack.

Still got the car... the 'zu is the trail rig.

When's the winch/bumper going on the 4Runner??

Sounds like to me that Toyota owes you and your family a lifetime of free parts with all of the business you have given them. Speaking of parts, if you have any 80's parts you need to get rid of, let me know.

William, the only things I have left are the grey leather 3rd rows, factory hitch, the front JDM monsoon visors(1s cracked), my sub switch and, locker dial switch. Some other things that I can't think of

Still got the car... the 'zu is the trail rig.

When's the winch/bumper going on the 4Runner??

The armor will be going on last

Congrats Dain! I too was looking into a 3rd gen after selling my 80 to a friend a year ago. If he didnt trade cars with me I'd probably be in a 3rd gen 4runner now too. I hear those are the most reliable ones so far! Cant wait to see what you do with this one.:popcorn:

Congrats Dain! I too was looking into a 3rd gen after selling my 80 to a friend a year ago. If he didnt trade cars with me I'd probably be in a 3rd gen 4runner now too. I hear those are the most reliable ones so far! Cant wait to see what you do with this one.:popcorn:

Damn you don't have your 80 as well? Wow yoz wiz cherry 2. Not coming up? Jus let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom