SOLD Found a used Warn 8274. What to do with it? (NOW FOR SALE) PRICE REDUCED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FOR SALE SOLD SOLD SOLD

Happened to find this used Warn 8274 at a yard sale last weekend. Couldn't pass it up. Now that I own it, all the info I can find is that is just about impossible to mount it on a 1st-gen 4Runner without either sticking WAY out in front (not great) or cutting the grille (not gonna happen) so not sure what to do with it. I have always wanted a winch, and these are awesome...

Ideas? Custom bumper is of course a necessity. I haven't yet tested it, but it's all there. The neutral knob seems to be stuck but I haven't gotten into it at all. Just stuck it in the garage for now. It does have the control box and power cables are connected.
2018-05-05%2016.36.28_zpsi7rc2jiv.jpg

2018-05-05%2016.36.19_zpsldjlpr2r.jpg
2018-05-05%2016.36.13_zps2iydko4w.jpg

2018-05-05%2016.35.59_zpspckvcq4a.jpg
2018-05-05%2016.35.50_zpsgjasbuzz.jpg

Last edited:
Oh and according to Warn, it looks like it was manufactured July 1986.

I don't think it will ever work out for you.
You should just sell it to me for what ever you paid for it:)

Clearly the best solution would be to purchase the right Toyota 4x4 to mount it on. Think of it as the perfect center piece for an awesome build. We've all seen equally as crazy reasons that kicked off builds on this site - $50 winch - $10K project build.

Clearly the best solution would be to purchase the right Toyota 4x4 to mount it on. Think of it as the perfect center piece for an awesome build. We've all seen equally as crazy reasons that kicked off builds on this site - $50 winch - $10K project build.

I like the way you think!

^^^ find a 40. Purrrfect fit.

I cut the front of the 2017 tacoma to fit a winch. Hack it up, and reinforce it afterwards if needed!

I am sure I could get it to mount on the GX :hillbilly:

Update: So I tore into it. It does work (yay) but it needs some work (boo). The wire rope has seen better days and more importantly the manual clutch handle shaft is bent and beaten up, and the aluminum housing for the manual clutch release is broken. Apparently these are popular parts to fail as many of them are listed on eBay and in other places, average about $80.

I can't use this, so it's up for sale here and on eBay. Special Executive CSC Secret Squirrel price $600.85 .

Come and get it. Make that vintage rig look finished. Make a space in my garage.

IMG_8024_zpsooinilnn.jpg

IMG_8030_zpspdnvruox.jpg

IMG_8020_zpszgvfccga.jpg

Last edited:
This is old. SOLD I imagine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom