SOLD SOLD: Corvallis, OR: 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser HJ47 Troop Carrier (RHD) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD!
FOR SALE...1984 HJ47 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER TROOP CARRIER DIESEL (2H)
Corvallis, OR $26,000
This is a very clean example of a nearly original late model HJ47. I purchased it in 2013 from Richard Shep of San Diego – the original posting is here: 2013 listing
  • Six cylinder Toyota 2H diesel motor
  • Painted in 2013
  • Right hand drive
  • Disc brakes
  • Four speed transmission
  • Tachometer
  • Full floating rear axle
  • Very low mileage BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO 33” x 10.5” tires on original Toyota steel wheels. Spare is the same and hangs under rear overhang.
  • Since 2013 sale it has had the radiator recored by Seattles’ Greenwood Radiator, all new belts, hoses and water pump installed.
  • Right hand drive FJ60 power steering installed by legendary TorFab in Everett WA
  • Garage stored since 2013 paint
This Troopy is in excellent condition and will make a good rig for someone for many years. It is not perfect, a section of the driver’s side floor pan has been replaced, and the doors have some body filler in the bottom three inches. The rest of the body is remarkably clean with minimal fill that I can find. Unfortunately, the original seats (rear jump seats and front bench (?)) have been removed and replaced with a set of FJ40 bucket seats. More pics here: More pics

I am selling because with four kids, a wife, a house and another Land Cruiser I just don't have the time to get the full benefit out of this Troopy. It has been an excellent camping rig but it simply won't work for 6 of us.

The mileage is likely unknown, the instrument panel does not appear original but I could be wrong on that point. That said, I have driven a number of HJ47s and this particular one runs very strong, either the others were more worn than I realized or this one is more fresh. I do not have pre-paint pictures of the Troopy, I wish I did. If this bothers you, no need to comment, just move along.

The Troopy will be sold with a clean Oregon title and I am willing to help with the logistics of shipping but this cost and setup is on the buyer. No warranty is provided, it is sold as-is. The Troopy is located in Corvallis, OR, about 90 minutes from the Portland airport. PM me for more information and my contact info. I highly recommend you come see it in person and drive it, I don't think it is a good idea to buy something like this from a distance.

IMG_9139.JPG

IMG_9151.JPG

IMG_9167.JPG

IMG_9199.JPG

IMG_9201.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom