For Sale *Sold*96 Turn Key Adventure FZJ80 in SW VA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys. Unfortunately I have to sell my 80 series, some personal issues I need to take care of. This truck was pretty much my dream truck and I have only had it for 1 1/12 years. I bought it from a guy out of TN, who lived in CA where the truck spent 80% of it's life. The guy moved to TN for a job and I met him there and drove it home 3 hours. I am the 4th owner I believe. The truck was completely stock until the previous owner bought it in 2010 in CA, he then took it to Mudrack Custom Cruisers where a majority of the build was completed, including interior, mechanical preventative maintenance, and among some other things. He had never offroaded this vehicle and to my knowledge it was never off road. When I got it I did what any person would do who wanted to better offroad performance as well as reliability. I have paper work from when it was new, all the maintenance done up unitl around '05-06' where that owner did not keep records. So their is about a 5 year gap of no records on this truck. Still have the original window sticker too! I have driven it offroad in my time owning it, with the latest being a 1200 mile trip through KY, WV, VA, and TN with some mild and moderate technical trails. I have done two Blackstone Oil Samples in the last year, all with very good results. So here is a compiled list of everything done recently:

*1996 FZJ80 White with Factory front and rear lockers that work, with CDL switch installed and 7pin mod by Mudrack. 282K miles on her and runs strong. Idles at 650 RPMs without a hitch.

*5.29 nitro gears instaled by ECGS and has 1000 miles on them

*35" (315/75/r16) Cooper STT Pro tires w/ less than 2500 miles on them

*OME 3.5" lift with J Springs and L Shocks (have LCP shock extenders in rear) and probably has 20K miles on the suspension

*ARB Snorkel done by Mudrack

*Prinsu Rack with a James Baroud Space Discovery Tent Grey (ladder included with tent light) Used 6 times and included in price

*Xprite Rock Light Kit (kind of a cheesy set of lights but they are fun, and serve a purpose)

*Armor With little or no damage at all:
-4X4 Labs rear bumper with swingout and jerry can holder
-POR transmission/TC/cross member skid plate
-ARB front bumper with lightforce LED bumper lights (driver side blinker on the bumper hasn't worked since I have owned it) with Warn Zeon Platinum 10K Winch (added 1" spacers to fit)
-Sliders are of unknown origin, PO told me it was a Mudrack Custom

*Interior/Exterior Mods:
-No 3rd row seats you;ll see why below :)
-Factory roof rack delete (I had no trouble getting original screws out, minimal rust. Just gasket maker around stainless screws to fill them in. Obvious wear on roof where roof rack originally was, no leaks)
-Has scrapes and scratches down the side of her from tight east coast trails, nothing crazy, just typical stuff
-Tan/brown leather interior (brand new leather, less than 8K miles on the leather so no cracks or tears, has seat warmers pre-installed by Mudrack but I never hooked them up)
-Power Antenna even works
-Very Very Very minimal rust if any at all it would be very light surface from being on EC for last 5 years.
-Weather stripping has never been replaced, rear sliders could probably use it as a preventative thing but no leaks, no sunroof leaks, nothing.
-Just added power window regulators in all four doors, still slow in the cold lol
-Fender Flares removed and Monstalined in black by Mudrack
-Powder coated factory wheels
-Weather tech tan mats front; orignal carpet rear
-Truck Vault drawer system with power lock/unlock key FOB
-Tembo Tusk drop down fridge slide with Engel 45 fridge and sliding cutting board
-Blue Ridge Overaland gear seat back panels with multiple storage panels attached
-Blue Ridge Overland Gear attic nettting
-Blur Ridge Overland Gear Fridge pouches for kitchen cookware
-Blue Ridge Overland Gear Visor pouch
-Blue Ridge Overland Gear spare tire bag, along with a Max Track storage bag with 2 tredpros in grey (all mounted to rear spare)
-Black Wavian 5g water and Red Wavian Gas Can 5g mounted to Jerry Can holder
-Amazon knock off switch pro mount that switches the fridge, rock lights, future ditch lights, front bumper lights, 100 series new fan with kit from LCP)
-Wit's End Fire Extinguisher mount drivers side (no Fire Extinguisher I am keeping that one)
-Driver seat Gamiviti power seat fix, passenger seat needs the fix now but I have the kit and will go with truck
-LEDs in doors in white
-Tailgate has liner and storage system in it done by Mudrack
-Apline CD player with Sirius hook up, BT, phone hands free, AM/FM
-New Front Door Speakers
-New Fusible Link
-Wits End spare fuse kit
-Wit's End Lower Control Arms with Mr. T bushings
-Probably some other things I am forgetting as I go along

Engine Bay mods:
-IBS Dual Battery Monitoring System with 2 Interstate Batteries (one is brand new)
-The plug from a member on here for the EGR sensor as I was getting intermittent p401 codes, haven't had one in about 1100 miles

Things I have included with purchase that I haven't installed:
-Wit's End QPM
-Rigid Duallys in white with Yoda Tech mirror mounts
-Yellow box speedometer correction
-Ujoints for both shafts

Preventative Maintenance done:
-Radius arm bushings replaced with T (caster bushings are OME)
-New TRE's (The tie rod is the beefed version, uses same size end for all 4)
-MetalTech adjustable track bar just installed
-New Toyo Radiator filled with Toyota red
-Water pump from T
-Thermostat from T
-Heater Valve from T
-Blue fan clutch and modded from Wits End
-New Radiator Hoses from T
-Greenstripe Pesky Heater Hose with constant torque clamps
-Valve Cover gasket
-spark plug seals
-spark plugs
-New belts
-Spark Plug Wires
-Power steering hoses replaced with green stripe on one and NAPA on the other
-AC Delco Charcoal Cannister replacement (no more hissing gas cap)
-New PVC and grommet
-Front and Rear axles completely rebuilt with parts from cruiser outfitters, birfields look good
-Flushed Power steering fluid, brake fluid, transmission fluid
-New TC fluid
-New diff Fluid
-Just changed the oil with OEM Toyota filter
-New sway bar bushhings with drop from Wits End
-Brand New Alternator from NAPA
-Brand New (less than 2500 miles) Brake pads from T and rotors
-New Fuel Filter

Some Bigger Maintenance done before I got it that I am 100% certain was done around 2010-11:
-O2 sensors
-Front main seal
-Oil Pump Seal
-New Steering Pump
-New AC compressor/Drier

No leaks, or at least enough for me to see as it sits in my paved RV shed.

There are probably some other things good and bad I am missing so please don't hesitate to ask if you are truly considering buying this truck. Serious Inquiries only. Just PM me if you are serious and I will give you my cell number. Thank you guys/gals.

Asking $23,500

Edit: Trying to upload pics, mine are all too big of a file size, I will have it figured out by tomorrow. Getting tired. Here's a few.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom