For Sale SOLD - 2008 LX570 - 118K - Gray/Gray - $26k - GROM Vline 2 (brand new 275/65/20, 34" KO2's) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2008 LX570 - Gray on Gray, 118k miles, Tech Package (nav and ML stereo), climate control seats, Wide view front camera.
-CA vehicle since new
-all 5 tires replaced - 275/65/20 E rated (34") BFG KO2 purchased in Jan '19, and have 4k miles on them. Spare fits underneath. $1,500 worth of tires, about $1,700 installed
-Grom VLINE 2 - adding apple car play, spotify, bluetooth music streaming, $600, installed
-Leveled by moving front suspension height sensor
-Bora 3/4" spacers purchased, not yet installed

Unfortunately, I've had a recent job change, and am now driving around 500 miles a week (San Diego to LA 2x a week). Needless to say that the MPG on the LX570 is pretty brutal, and I also can't really stand to wear this thing out doing that for the next couple of years. I bought theLX 6 months ago when I was working from home and not commuting at all, and finally was able to bring myself to buy the 200 series i've wanted for a long time. However, given my current commute sentence, I'm stuck having to give up on the 200 series dream...for now. I'm giving literally full disclosure on this ad and willing to answer and questions that may come up, since I know how i'd feel trying to buy a vehicle from someone who bought it 6 months ago.

I've got some pictures that I took from right after I bought it and took it on a gravel road. That's all the 4x4 I've had time to do with it since we bought it, and from my review and inspection when I bought it, there's no way it was wheeled by previous owners.

I think this is an excellent LX570, and a great way to get into a 200 series with reasonably low mileage at a good price point. (That's why I bought it). It was serviced at lexus every 5k miles, and It's in solid condition overall. It was only driven 64k miles from 2008 to 2014. Since it's been in CA all it's life, there are no rust or corrosion issues on the undercarriage, and the interior is about an 8.5 out of 10. The seats look great, no kid stains on seats or carpets, and it looks like the back seats were rarely used.

It's in good shape overall.

Mechanical: Everything is good to go. It was 100%+ when I bought it. During my ownership, the radiator finally developed the standard crack around the stamp, and I'm having that replaced currently. It was only a small hairline crack, and the vehicle absolutely never overheated. I caught the leak at the oil change last week, and had just returned from two back to back trips to LA where the temp gauge never moved. If you are familiar with these things (which I'm guessing you are if you are on this forum), this radiator crack is fairly common so nothing out of the ordinary. It was still 100% full of coolant, and the overflow was full as well.
Edit: I just went over the service history again and saw that there was a coolant leak noted on the most recent service before I purchased it. Evidently the crack is fairly small and only leaks intermittently. Again, the temp has never been an issue in my ownership, but I'm having a new radiator put in this week so you will be ready to go with no issues. The full service history is attached in the thread below

Cosmetic
The carfax will show 3 owners (the third is me for 6 months). It will say damage reported, but no accident reported. It appears to me that the front and rear bumpers were repainted in 2014 when some sort of damage occurred. Since i bought it with plans to take it off road, it didn't bother me. The only paint/dent issues are incredibly minor. One small dimple on the drivers door and two tiny knicks on rear driver door. I've got a couple pictures I'll post of the door ding and the couple of knicks on the driver rear door. I think all are easily fixable if you'd want to, but I never went down that road.

Pricing - I don't really know how to price this at this point. I've put over $2,500 into it and replaced the radiator (not really adding value there). I also understand that it was tires and a minor stereo update so nothing crazy. I bought it for close to $27k 6 months ago, and thought it was a fair deal at the time. I'm asking $26k at this point, and driving my wife's car until I sell and find a replacement. Open to conversation on the pricing, but really think $26k is a reasonable starting point.

Let me know if you have questions or want any additional information

Sean

cell 404-993-3231
email adams.sean.a@gmail.com

IMG_5008.jpeg

1.jpeg

IMG_5035.jpeg

IMG_4998.jpg

IMG_5093.jpg

Last edited:
Build info, carfax, bora spacer invoice, Vline2 order, Tire invoice

Attachments

• c7721e44-c8e2-4965-be54-370ee6d78f74.pdf
    61.3 KB · Views: 118
  • CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 2008 LEXUS LX 570_ JTJHY00W184018573.pdf
    331.1 KB · Views: 188
  • Gmail - Motorsport Invoice 1_17_2019.pdf
    136.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Gmail - Your order #120852 with GROM Audio - confirmation.pdf
    91.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Discount Tire Order Confirmation.pdf
    122.7 KB · Views: 185
Full service history attached - serviced every 5k miles at lexus since New

Attachments

• LEXUS DRIVERS.pdf
    125.3 KB · Views: 304
small paint knicks and door ding. Door ding pic makes it look bigger than it is, and there is no paint damage on the door ding.

IMG_1119.jpeg

IMG_1120.jpeg

Silly question, but does it have the premium package or the chill bin in center console? I'm not sure if they are mutually exclusive...
-Interestingly enough, no chill bin in the center console. Good and bad comes with that in my mind. It's much more useful space, without it but it would also be nice to have.
-The build sheet is attached somewhere in the thread above

Very nice 200, this is the color combo I was looking for 8mo ago. Just couldn't find the right deal.

Nice. If this was up 6 weeks ago I’d have made an offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom