SOLD [SOLD] 1997 Collector's Edition - AZ, locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 10.54.51.png

Carefully maintained, numerous upgrades. 124,000 miles. Recently rebuilt front end with birfield repack. FACTORY LOCKERS!!!

This may be one of the cleanest, lowest miles, fully locked 80 series available. Minimal cosmetic wear and tear (some paint transfer on driver side rear door from the kids - see below for close up pic). Original motor runs very smooth, AC blows very cold even in Arizona summers.

OME suspension with J springs and Slee parts
Toyo AT II Open Country tires 35 x 12.5 R18
KMC Revolver wheels 18 x 9
4.88 gears (installed by Sierra Expeditions)
ARB Intensity LED lamps
Dual battery system (Slee Offroad) yellow and red-top Optimas
Rear 12V power plug
Headlight wiring harness (Slee Offroad)
Aftermarket sound with Pioneer NEX feating Apple CarPlay
Slee sliders
ARB front (with custom PIAA fog lamps mounted) and rear bumpers
Drilled rotors

Also included:
Aftermarket projector beam housings for headlight upgrade
Aftermarket parking light housings

Clean title in my name.

$29,500

Price drop: $22,500

Last edited:
Given that the imported diesel hdj's with half the miles arent fetching $20k. i simply would find it "lucky" if someone out there is ready to pay $10k more for a gasser. I think the last low miler in this price range spent a few months here on mud before it settled down at less than half the price. more power to you if you find that needle in the haystack tho.....and again.... best of luck. :)

And as an example.. theres a similarly built one thats got a 45k mile SLEE redone/warranteed engine for sale for $15k on craigs right now. so headgasket already done and new shortblock and head. Half the price, 1/3 newer engine/ hg done /similar build.

Link?

Given that the imported diesel hdj's with half the miles arent fetching $20k. i simply would find it "lucky" if someone out there is ready to pay $10k more for a gasser. I think the last low miler in this price range spent a few months here on mud before it settled down at less than half the price. more power to you if you find that needle in the haystack tho.....and again.... best of luck. :)

And as an example.. theres a similarly built one thats got a 45k mile SLEE redone/warranteed engine for sale for $15k on craigs right now. so headgasket already done and new shortblock and head. Half the price, 1/3 newer engine/ hg done /similar build.

Ok, I gotcha... I am not really looking to spend that kind of $ unless the axles are built and it has bumpers/sliders that I want to run. I know pretty much exactly what I am after in a build.

I appreciate the feedback from those on this list. Price has been dropped to fall more in line with current market.

We just did a buyers inspection on this and this is truly a unicorn. And believe me, Ive seen a lot of 80s roll through here. To find a low mile rig this clean, mechanically in top shape due to great upkeep, and with all the gear - it would cost a pretty penny to get to this point.

Glad to see the going to a good home: A fellow mudder who lives in beautiful Idaho. Enjoy brother~ you got yourself a rare one!

Where in Idaho? If it's Boise I may have to pester him to see it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom