SOLD SOLD -1995 Toyota Landcruiser w/ 4BT Cummins 3.9L Turbo Diesel, Phoenix, AZ (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yjeff

AZ to Alaska to Argentina in Land Cruisers '12-'16
Threads
Website
www.overlandtheworld.com
DSC00128.JPG

Sold - Full price offer
New photos of rear OEM seats and interior, 3rd row included in sale

For Sale is our thoroughly built 1995 Toyota Landcruiser (80 Series) with a 4BT Cummins 3.9L Turbo Diesel. This is not your average diesel swap and is NOT a project car. Every major system has been gone through before and after our recent successful journey with it, to the bottom of South America (2015-2016), and almost everything important is new under the hood. Mechanically it is sorted, field tested, and ready for another great adventure of your own. This vehicle represents hundreds of professional hours invested to make one of the most no-nonsense, backcountry capable, vehicles available in North America today. If you are willing to read the entire build list, you'll find that you would not be able to recreate this vehicle for the sale price, and an extreme amount of time went into the practical upgrades that make for an outstandingly flexible and reliable overland vehicle.

FAQ & Summary
The Good:

• Everything is new, literally every part that matters was fitted since late 2015
  • NO Overheating; you will probably not find another turbo diesel 80 with an Intercooler, 3 row aluminum racing radiator, and mechanical fan - stays at 185F-195F normally.
  • NO Rust
  • NO Accidents - comes with clean Montana Title.
  • MPG: 18-22 depending on weight/speed, we rarely drive over 70MPH, but it can go +85MPH
  • FASTER than OEM Toyota diesel; I have driven an imported stock OEM 1990 Landcruiser and my engine setup is faster from 0, all with common parts.
  • READY to drive: needs nothing
  • RELIABLE: we tested, fixed, and tested again.
  • Lots of hidden details for extended travel. Ex: super quick fluid services w/ remote mount, fluid storage on the frame rail, triple fuel filters, hidden storage, etc. = Ask me about the details
  • Full Mandrel 3" Stainless 304 exhaust - INSIDE FRAME Rail - example of Craftsmanship that went under the skin
  • Gauges: I've added Trans Temp, EGT, Boost, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure, Fuel Filter warning light, & Voltmeter

Powertrain:
4BT Cummins 3.9L Turbo Diesel w/ 47RH Transmission (approx 176k on motor, 20k trans)
New Holset HE221W Turbo w/ Billet wheel - Boost up to 22psi
SteedSpeed Exhaust Manifold
Prince of Darkness Injectors
BD Cool Valve Covers
Replaced Mechanical Lift Pump w/ Air Dog II 100g/h Fuel pump with water separator and fuel filter
Remote Oil Filter Relocation
Billet freeze plugs
New Fluidampr Harmonic Balancer
Aussie Rear Locker w/ CDL Switch
OEM 4.10 gears
Front Double Cardan Drive Shaft

Transmission:
47RH w/ shifting controlled by pressure switches. Rebuilt in 2016, approx has 20k miles
New HD Torque Converter w/ lower stall stator by Roadrunner
Manual Transmission lockup switch on Dash
New Electric OD switch solenoid
MagTec Extra Capacity Transmission pan

EXTERIOR:
Frontrunner Slimline I Rack
ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper
Armor: OPOR Sliders
4x4Labs Dual Swing Rear Bumper
Lighting: HIR headlights, Rigid rear flood lights, Side LED Rock Lights, 50W HID Driving Lights
NEW 255/80R17 Cooper ST Maxx tires - 5 NEW

INTERIOR:
Second Skin sound deadening and Thermal insulation throughout body
New plush carpet kit w/ mass backing
Manual Front seats reupholstered
8" Tuffy locking center console (custom welded & matching leather armrest)
Pioneer BlueTooth USB Head Unit & speaker upgrades to 6.5 Rockford Fosgate all doors
LED interior and Cree backup lights
Triple A pillar pod gauges: EGT, Trans Temp, Boost, Fuel Pressure, Water Temp
Additional Cupholder
DIY HDPE Tailgate
new ignition and door locks, new hatch lock
New window seals, rear hatch seal

SUSPENSION:
Slee 4" HD Springs
Slee upper & lower rear adjustable control arms
OME Sport Shocks
Ironman panhards
BudBuilt HD draglink and tie rods
Cruiser Outfitters HD tie rod ends
New OEM Bushings & Clearance Control Arms

Performance:
Upgraded & Extended SS Brake lines
Mean Green Performance Starter
New Performancer Alternator and HD voltage regulator
Full Mandrel 3" Stainless 304 exhaust - INSIDE FRAME

Cooling System:
Aluminum performance 3 row radiator & Intercooler
New Mechanical Fan and Fan Clutch - this was the secret sauce to make 4BT swaps run well in the desert, AFAIK I am the only Landcruiser with this set-up, designed by Local Race Shop
New Water pump and Thermostat
Aux Electric fan that is Auto temperature controlled
This thing stays around 185F unless hauling uphill w/ AC on.

Recent (2015-2017) Maintenance:
Synthetic Fluids - Motor Oil, ATF, Transfer Case, Radiator, Diffs
Birf / Axle rebuild - Wheel Bearings, Trail Gear Locking Washer system
Silicone High temp hoses,belts, Intercooler lines
Replaced Rear Heater Valve Control
New Denso AC compressor, New AC dryer, new fan control, new lines, cleaned blower
Killer Dowel Pin Fix - Cummins preventative maintenance of weak spot
New power steering pump, New water pump
New Idler Tensioner
5 NEW tires
New Front brake rotors and rear pads, brake lines
New Front U-joint
New Throttle cable
New Starter
New Alternator
200+ hours of Professional Shop time to make everything right
New Transmission and low stall HD Torque Converter
New Vacuum Pump and lines.

Electric:
Dual Battery Set-up w/ Group 34's AGM - 1 yr old
CTEK MPPT Solar Controller (prewired & hidden in dash)
BlueSea fuse box
Scanstrut Deck Seals for waterproof exterior wiring

Misc Overland Gear:
Over $1500 in Box of Spares: Alternator, starter, gaskets, plus more
Fire extinguisher, orange vest, & safety triangle (2x) - You need these for South America
Rear AT Jerry Can mount under vehicle & hidden - prefab
TEQ Silicone Cup
On-board air lines front & rear pre-run

FAQ
***Q: How loud is it, how insulated is the vehicle? A: There is a video on YouTube of the inside at idle with the door open, but it might be hard to compare relative volumes. I used 5 gallons of acoustic deadening from Second Skin, it's a spray/roll on polymer. I also added 4-5 gallons of a thermal block coating that has ceramic micro beads to keep the cabin temps insulated. Also by Second Skin, IIRC it's like $87/gal. These are through out the tub and doors. I then added silver backed fiber insulation where I could fit it, then installed a whole new Mass-backed Carpet kit throughout. I then replaced all the door and window seals that were old to help seal out the road noise. I'm pretty positive you won't find another 4BT swap that has gone to this effort for sound, as just this required over 120+ hours by me. No shop could ever justify the time needed. It is as quiet as you can ever get inside of a mechanical injection rig. That being said, I've owned a GX470 and LX450 and they are obviously quieter in stock form. Side benefit is that the cabin is also insulated very well. I also have a UV & Infrared blocking tint that reflects most heat from the glass ($700 for tint).

Q: I heard 4BTs vibrate a lot? A: As for vibrations, I added a silicone Fluidampr Harmonic Balancer and along with a slightly higher idle, it doesn't vibrate like most most 4bts. See the video

Q: I heard 4BTs are slow? A: As for highway driving: it's certainly not a speed demon, but I've had it over 90mph with no vibrations. The turbo and gearing are really set-up do go 70-75mph or less, like most 4speed autos, its sweet spot is around 60MPH for max fuel efficiency. Given the weight of the vehicle, it is surprisingly fast. The turbo starts to pull around 5psi until 22psi max. I've driven an OEM turbo diesel 1990 1HDT 80 series and mine is significantly faster. You won't win any drag races, but it gets out of its way pretty well for highway on ramps. It has minimal turbo lag compared to an HX35, which is the OEM turbo for Cummins.

Reason for SALE & Misc Details: This car deserves another adventure and it will only be parked at our house for the foreseeable future. I purpose built this Landcruiser to take me to the end of the planet, and after completing that goal, we want it to still go on adventures.

Option 1: (including several thousand dollars in spare parts), Full Documentation & receipts, tutorial by the owners, Excel Spreadsheet of non-OEM Parts (where fitted)

We understand that everybody's budget is different, and as such, are offering some flexibility. We are open to OBO, but are fairly firm, as these prices represent a good value for what you are getting. Please reach out if you have any questions. Also, even though the list above is long, it is not 100% of the work that was done, the proverbial "too much to list." If you are just curious about the car, but not interested in buying, we are putting together a longer, more detailed, build thread on IH8MUD & ExPo.

I'd urge you to come drive it, if you are interested. There isn't a good way to compare it to another Landcruiser, as there isn't anything else like it.***

Thanks for looking. Car is Located in Scottsdale, AZ. I can pick you up at the airport and you're ready to drive anywhere in North America.

IH8MUD: @yjeff
TLCA # 23573
Instagram: @OverlandTheWorld
Facebook: @OverlandTheWorld
Countries Visited with this Vehicle: USA, Mexico, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia

VIDEOS HERE:

Exterior0165.JPG
Exterior0177.JPG
Exterior052.JPG
Exterior057.JPG

Last edited:
Amazing truck. Do you still have all the seats? Thanks

cool truck :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom