For Sale **SOLD** 1966 FJ40 Arizona, clean title (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought this FJ40 a year and a half ago from an old guy in a small town north of Phoenix. It's a very solid truck but has not been on the road for nearly 15 years. Suffered from a so-so restoration, many years ago I presume, where a Buick 350 was installed and a thick half assed paint job and body armor was bolted to it.

My intent was to do an above average restomod with an LS engine or a 2f out of an FJ60. I started collecting parts and sanding and grinding in my free time to weld up the bolt holes from the armor and put in new quarter panels. Pulled out/sold the engine, and yanked the shoddy wiring to clean the engine bay for paint.

It's been a slow go, and in the meantime I picked up another 40 that's considerably more complete. Because space, time, and discretionary cruiser money is always in short supply, I decided I needed to let this one go to someone with a little more momentum than me.

The truck is going to need engine, transmission, transfer case, and wiring.

If I can get $4800 for the truck I'll throw in a set of new steel quarter panels with it. If you want to make me a little better offer I can offer an '85 2f, an '87 h42, and or a '69 3 speed with transfer case and a Chevy V8 bell housing adapter. I even have a pair of FJ40 bucket seats out of a '73 I believe, that have great hardware but need cushions and covers.

I want make a good deal but can't afford to give it away. PM me if interested and we can chat over the phone. I will be extremely forthright about every aspect of the truck.

Paint is just some self etching primer to protect some of the bare metal I exposed to start some body work. It looks pretty good, but would need a good deal of sanding to get a proper paint job. I discovered a few spots of bondo that has to be just a smooth over of small dents and stuff. There's no rust to be found on the inside of the body panels or the frame. Floors have a small amount of pitting but nowhere close to being "rusty". I have a ton of pics, and you can check out my Phoenix Craigslist ad. I can even provide pics of when I bought it and started messing with it.

Doors line up and shut the way they should. Top an glass are in good shape. There's a little waviness to the fiberglass but it's structurally sound.

Thanks for looking. It's a very solid and straight Southwest truck. As is the body is pretty nice. With not much effort I think it could be very nice.

Last edited:
Awesome! I'll keep my eyes out for you. I sold this one because I picked up one a little more worthy of a restoration 👏

This one went fast! Glad you got her sold. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom