Solarscreens - group order interest? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
Just checking to see if any campers out there would be interested in going in on a group order for Solarscreens?
Please see email response I received from them pasted below - they can't do large orders but we could save close to $20 usd per person for a 3 qty order.
The prices in the response below are in AUD. For the Touring set with shipping, a 3 qty order would be approximately $204 USD / shipped per person.
I'll probably order a set, regardless, but thought i'd check first if we might collectively save a few pennies on a group order.
**One thing to note is they reference a delay in materials holding back production to early April but i wasn't in a rush myself.

They look to be high quality and get good reviews.
Here's their website
Also, if you're on instagram - check out themighty60 as he has multiple shots of his 60 using the Solarscreens.
I've attached a few pics of his 60 as well.

Please let me know if interested.
Thanks,
Mike

Email from Solarscreens:
Hi Mike and welcome.
Thank you for your enquiry.
The following are the most popular combinations of screens for 4WD travellers, however since Solarscreens are custom made to order this is just a guide. We can manufacture any combination of screens to best suit your travel style and tailor them to suit your individual vehicle. Our website has more information should you want to see more pictures, etc.

Each set of Solarscreens we produce;
· Is hand made in Brisbane Australia, and we are a 100% Australian owned & operated family business.
· Is made from the highest quality, 9 Layer, quilted thermal fabric.
· Is fully guaranteed for three years, and is guaranteed to fit.
· Use our own locally produced suction cups, which perform exceptionally well over a very long period (years).
· Are supplied in a custom length, water-resistant, heavy duty 210Denier Nylon storage bag.. with full length zip.

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances with the arrival of the material used to manufacture Solarscreens (ETA for the 5th of April), we are unable to manufacture any orders. However, you can place an order to be on the waiting list. Work will commence once the material has arrived.
If you would like to still place an order, let us know and we will create an invoice for payment.

PRICES
Prices for a 60srs Landcruiser (GXL Liftup Style Tailgate) are as follows;

· Touring Set - All windows behind the front seats/front doors - au$256.00 (RECOMMENDED - Most 4x4 customers choose this configuration)
· Cargo Set - In most cases the rear cargo area behind the C-Pillar or second row of seats - au$172.00
· Cab Set - Generally the windscreen and front doors - au$225.00
· Full Set - All windows, this normally is provided as two bags (Cab & Rear) - au$456.00

FREIGHT
We us EMS which is handled by USPS at your end. A Touring set would be:
1 @ 1.8kg = au$58.00
2 @ 3.6kg = au$79.00
3 @ 5.40kg – au$92.00

So 3 combined is considerably less than 3 individual parcels. We can do 3 or even 4 Touring Sets together but not Full Sets, the Post Office here most likely not accept it.
As a point of interest these prices are for all 4X4s and AWDs and for combined freight they would not have to be all the same model. If you had trouble finding a couple of buddies with 60s, you could get some with 100s or 200s. Makes not difference to us, we just love selling these into the US.

1553003811651.png

mighty60 2.JPG

mighty60 1.JPG

I have a touring order in right now. Supposed to ship in April. Not sure if mine could be added to the group. I've seen the screens and they are nice.

I'm really interested, was just thinking about making something like this for the summer. Count me in!

@umpqua - if you've already paid, it may be too late to jump in here. You could maybe reach out to Solarscreen to ask them?
It's great to hear that you've seen the screens and can vouch for them. I was only going off pictures but reviews seem great.

@jmcclusk - thanks for the response. Can you confirm that you are committed to a purchase? You can hit me up offline too via pm.

I did reach out to Solarscreens to see if each person could contact them directly to pay for their respective orders before they ship to one designated address in PDX to get the shipping savings. I'll report back how they suggest we proceed.

I'll also post this on the Cascade Cruisers clubhouse to see if anyone else may be interested. thanks all!

Yes, I already paid. The email I received said they wouldn’t have material to produce screens till sometime in April. I’ll send an email and ask if I can get in on shipping.

The screens are nice.

@umpqua - nice! If you reach out, I've been trading emails with Al at Solarscreen. You can give him my name (mike grier).

Also - Solarscreen confirmed that any buyer can pay Solarscreen directly for their order + shipping to get their discount.
Just need to use one address for shipping. I can get the order shipped to me (I rent a secure mailbox) and schedule a meet up once delivered...i figure it would be a good excuse to get a beer too!
Hoping we can get a couple orders for a discount.
Prices for a Touring Set:
$203 USD for 3 qty order.
$213 USD for 2 qty order.
$223 USD for 1 qty order- no ship discount

My set it for a Troopy so I'm not sure if there is more glass associated with one. My take is that yes there is....I have 62 and there's more glass in a Troopy. I paid $296 delivered to Portland.

I will contact Al and ask if it can be combined with for freight. Hopefully it helps.

..........and I just looked at my invoice and it says that material is not available until mid May.

Hi Mike, I contacted the supplier and it would only save me 10 bucks to combine the order. For convenience and simplification, I left my order as is.

@JHE4601 - @umpqua and I have both paid for our 2 Qty order but they aren't slated to ship until Mid-May.
We each paid approx $210 USD ($182 screens + $28 shipping) for shipping based on our 2 Qty order.
If you are committed to purchasing, I can contact Solarscreens to see if they would charge you the cost of
the screens + just the difference in 3 qty vs 2 Qty shipping. You can then pay me and John the difference we paid in higher shipping fees so that all 3 of us net out at the same lower shipping cost.
You would pay Solarscreens approx $191 USD ($182 screens + just the $9 difference in shipping for 3 vs 2 orders).
You then pay us each back upon delivery ~$6 for the overage we each paid in shipping based on 2qty order.
This gets us each to ~$21-22 for shipping on 3 orders.
This will net us out to each paying around Total $203-204/shipped. Clear as mud right!? ;)
Let me know if you have any questions - you can hit me up offline via PM to discuss if not clear but let me know either way if you are committed to purchasing and I'll contact Solarscreens asap about adding 1 more to the order.

Thanks for reaching out!

@JHE4601 - @umpqua and I have both paid for our 2 Qty order but they aren't slated to ship until Mid-May.
We each paid approx $210 USD ($182 screens + $28 shipping) for shipping based on our 2 Qty order.
If you are committed to purchasing, I can contact Solarscreens to see if they would charge you the cost of
the screens + just the difference in 3 qty vs 2 Qty shipping. You can then pay me and John the difference we paid in higher shipping fees so that all 3 of us net out at the same lower shipping cost.
You would pay Solarscreens approx $191 USD ($182 screens + just the $9 difference in shipping for 3 vs 2 orders).
You then pay us each back upon delivery ~$6 for the overage we each paid in shipping based on 2qty order.
This gets us each to ~$21-22 for shipping on 3 orders.
This will net us out to each paying around Total $203-204/shipped. Clear as mud right!? ;)
Let me know if you have any questions - you can hit me up offline via PM to discuss if not clear but let me know either way if you are committed to purchasing and I'll contact Solarscreens asap about adding 1 more to the order.

Thanks for reaching out!

PRICES
Prices for a 80srs Landcruiser / Lexus LX450 1997. (fixed cargo side windows + 3rd brakelight) are as follows;

· Touring Set - All windows behind the front seats/front doors - au$256.00 (RECOMMENDED - Most 4x4 customers choose this configuration)

· Cab Set - Generally the windscreen and front doors - au$225.00

· Full Set - All windows, this normally is provided as two bags (Cab & Rear) - au$456.00

Most of you don’t need the full set?

I haven't used mine yet. The front doors would be nice but you could use a regular sun visor for the front windshield.

I need a trip to the desert......

The suction cups on the screens don't seem to work very well. I'm going to see if I can sew some magnets into the screens.

I ordered a set of cab screens from Top Gear 2 Go Magnetic Insect Screens - Top Gear 2 Go and like them a LOT better than the Solarscreens. The suction cup screens were a PIA as they constantly fell down....the suction cups don't work very well....at least not for me. I ordered the magnets that Top Gear uses and sewed then onto the suction cup screens. I'll see how they work out but I may have set of rear screens for sale for a troopy soon.

Pic attached of the Top Gear screen. Also of the rear bug screen.
Top Gear Sun Shade.jpg
Mosquito Net 5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom