Solar guard HP tints or Llumar tints from ebay?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been wanting to start with a new project with my cruiser and though of tinting the windows since I have a 92 FJ and tints didnt come standard for that year. I was looking on ebay and say a complete tint set that I can buy with instructions to do this job. And saw 2 brands by the same seller. One brand is about $12 more than the other. Which is better, Solar Guard HP ( cheaper) or Llumar Hp Tint ($12 more) Btw, any tips for me to do this job like need lots of soapy water, etc......

Are these the pre-cut? If not..good luck. It takes a very steady hand to get it correct. You might just shop around and see what it would cost to have it done. Then it is also most likely guaranteed to some point.

1. Get heat gun.
2. Get squeegee.
3. From out side of car heat window where tint is not even.
4. Go inside car and with squeegee press the tint between the dots.

Just be patient and heat window slowly and squeegee carefully.With two peoples are much easier one on inside squeegeeing and one outside heating window, gently and easy does it.The most popular one is the Quantum. I got those on right now, won't fade or purplish.

The ones I am canvasing online are Pre-Cut so it shouldnt be too hard. I went to various window shops in my are and they are charging me $250 for the job. Sounds like a good price but then again, I want to learn how to do this so I can do it again in the future for my other cars... Here are the item numbers from ebay if you want to check them out:

Clean the windows and weather stripping very well, especially the felt stuff. When the tint is floated on with the soapy water it will wick dust, lint, etc., out from the weather strip and under the tint leaving permanent bubbles, debris bumps.

Tools R Us said:
Clean the windows and weather stripping very well, especially the felt stuff. When the tint is floated on with the soapy water it will wick dust, lint, etc., out from the weather strip and under the tint leaving permanent bubbles, debris bumps.

Definately do this, I use a brush and a bucket of soapy water and go to town all the way around the window until nothing but clean soapy water runs off. If you don't your edges will peel up and look like sh!@t.

92FJ said:
The ones I am canvasing online are Pre-Cut so it shouldnt be too hard. I went to various window shops in my are and they are charging me $250 for the job. Sounds like a good price but then again, I want to learn how to do this so I can do it again in the future for my other cars... Here are the item numbers from ebay if you want to check them out:

It might be a good idea to spend a little time watching them install. At the very least you'll have an idea of what the work entails and if you want to do it.

Kalawang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom