Software upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LITP - are you on a desktop, small screen or phone ? Emo's are the 'Smiley Face' icon. If on phone, turn sideways (on some). There are Hundreds of emo's now.

Overall, I like this upgrade. A few small changes and I think the bugs and clunky stuff is being addressed, but it looks better (or maybe it was just that I cleaned all that dust off my monitor ?? :shame: 🦄)🛻🈂️🈴🈯🈹🎎

LITP - are you on a desktop, small screen or phone ? Emo's are the 'Smiley Face' icon. If on phone, turn sideways (on some). There are Hundreds of emo's now.

Overall, I like this upgrade. A few small changes and I think the bugs and clunky stuff is being addressed, but it looks better (or maybe it was just that I cleaned all that dust off my monitor ?? :shame: 🦄)🛻🈂️🈴🈯🈹🎎

99% of the time use my phone as always vertical. I can see them sideways but never had to do that before the lastest upgrade.

Did just get a tablet but the CLOUD must not have been overhead and too far away when I downloaded all the photos taken with my phone. Have a large gap in the middle where any photos taken or downloads are missing. Still haven't figured that one out or why a external hard drive with all my photos taken with a camera doesn't open on the tablet but does on the computer. Everything is Microsoft based.:bang:

You mean "Smilies" ?? It's in the menubar, immediately above where you type your reply. (in this line, it was above the word "you" - lol) :)

And, arguably, everything you use on your phone works on the forum too.

On my phone on the vertical orientation, I just need to click on an ellipses to see the hidden menu items, like the "smilies." The menu is narrow enough that the icons don't all fit. Just have to click the correct ellipses to open up whatever part of the menu I need. Just commenting to help others figure it out.

Thanks for all the hard work Woodie!

99% of the time use my phone as always vertical. I can see them sideways but never had to do that before the lastest upgrade.

Now even turning the phone sideways the emojis do not show up. Been like this quite awhile.

I am having another problem showing up and seen others with it as well. I add a photo to a post and when I post it shows up as a link. Click on the link and get Opps something went wrong. Edit my post by deleting the photo and add it again and it works. Would add a emoji here but they don't work.

I wish I knew what to do to help solve your issue....the Attach Files system is how you should be uploading photos. Visibile in my (uploaded) screenshot... Any other method relies on someone else's hosting and is outside my control.

Screenshot_20210224-110740.png

IMG_20210223_115252_403.jpg

I am using the attach files, it's just that some times it fails. I then edit the post by deleting the photo and attaching it again which has worked. Doesn't happen every time. I have been going read thru threads and see a attachment that when I click on it comes up the same Oops something wrong message comes up.

Smilies I just have given up with on phone. The smile face does not show up on the header about the area posting in which I turn the phone. I have had a problem where it will stop lettimg type on a message. There is an amber box on the far right header. I click on that and can start typing again.

Here is a random file of a picture I downloaded and one from a picture taken with the camera on my phone.
P1050858.JPG
IMG_20200218_161337580.jpg

Been posting pictures for years it's just lately some are coming out as a error.

For Smilies, every Smilie that works on your phone works on the forum. All of them. Literally pick something from your phone Emoji's and post away. They "should" all render correctly. There is no reason anymore to even use the built-in forum smilie list.

How old is your phone? And, is your phone software/etc all updated? Sadly, ensuring compatibility amongst hundreds of phone/providers/builds/etc is a crapshoot. If your phone is more than a few years old, then it likely is outside the compatibility window.

My Google Analytics shows 2574 DIFFERENT mobile devices across 130 brands (and iOS doesn't break out that data, so there are many more) .02% of visitors are on a Blackberry.

0.02% of visitors are on a Blackberry.
Lol, Damn thing won't die on me, just falls further and further behind current functionality. (thankfully still handles Mud)

I just posted in the 40 section in thread about restoring a 64 in France.
Here are two oil bath air cleaners. The one on the right would be correct for a 64 FJ40 in the US market. For that one the bracket used the first and second head bolt. The earlier shorter one used the second and third bolt. Both have the tube that the hose going to the valve cover uses. Had a couple FJ25s with the slits in the valve cover and draft tube on the oil fill. Neither of those had the tube in the air cleaner.
View attachment 2597106
View attachment 2597108

Checked the two 61s I have here. Only one has the tube on the insulator under the carburetor. Both have Rochester carburetors. Both have the vent tube on the valve cover and all the air cleaners do as well. I know which of the loose ones came with these cruisers. Guess for you just need to figure if you want a draft tube or PCV system. If your air cleaner has the tube you need to match the carburetor insulator base and oil fill to one or the other.

I left the original failed picture and just added the picture again the same way.

Smilies are not that big of a deal. Believe my phone is a Moto Droid Play 4? Think it's just over four years old. I understand by the end of the year it will no longer work on some sites. Will be replacing it but the idea of paying over a grand for a phone I have no interest in 99% of what it can do seems ridiculous. All I need is one that works on the internet, doesn't have to have the fastest speed and take decent pictures.

Hillary is on MUD ?!?

And I thought I was living in the past. She isn't just yesterday's news she have been gone for over four years. Insert smile pounding head on a wall here.

On mobile, the smilies are now under the menu stack. But like woody said, the smilies in your mobile keyboard all work. Double fingers is not standard though :flipoff2:
View attachment 2596020

The three dots brings up the smile face but it will not open. Insert shrugging shoulders here.

My Pixel 4a was less than $500. Love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom