Software for wiring diagram (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I've seen diagrams like the one below, can anyone recommend a free / inexpensive program or online resource for making basic diagrams?

relay.gif

AutoCad??? and make blocks (or download) for components?

We use M$ Visio. Not horribly expensive. You know someone with a non-profit you can get it for $60.

Draftsight has a free download for 2D drafting. Uses AutoCAD commands but happens to be a Desault Systems product (SolidWorks).

Dia - free version of visio, google for it.

Though I do my schematics with an actual Cadence product, but then that is my field of work...

cheers,
george.

Thanks all, just what I needed. I hadn't thought about using Visio, I think we've got it at work. Looking at Dia and Draftsight. Solidworks looks nice, but price...

If you are going to do anything with electro-mechanical connections then SolidWorks is appreciated by all involved.

I agree with NLXTACY on Solidworks, but it can be quite pricey if you are only doing 2D drawings. I'll also recommend their DraftSight. It's a greal alt for 2D needs. We looked at moving over from AutoDesk products, but most of our R&D guys are pretty set in their ways (imagine that.)

I agree on the better software. Growing up I used AutoCad. Using SolidWorks now; but is a bit overwhelming. I have DraftSight and works well for what it is. Most the crap we shuffle around clients for presentations and whatnot is done in Visio. I suppose any would get the job done with a good stencil set.

Electronics Workbench

There's also eaglecad for more involved schematics, as well as the mighty pspice for real simulation. I once lived without SolidWorks, but those days are just a faint and horrible memory now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom