Softtop conversion for fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,
This is my first post on any forum and firstly apologize if I am going against kind of forum code or rules.

I am thinking of buying a land cruiser fj40 and I really know nothing about them or how they really work. I think if I am going to buy one I would have to convert it to a soft top, so I was looking for some information on how i would go about doing that. I have looked everywhere and I am unable to get a straight answer on how to do it. I have never seen one up close only pictures so if someone could give me detailed instructions on how to do it, how easy it is and how much it would cost me because I'm on sort of a short budget I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks guys

Go to the 40 section and do a search or buy a soft top with soft top bows and take off your hard top.

Depending on the look you can get a factory style for around $1,500 or get a bestop for around $700. Bestop has instructions on their site if you are curious.

first post up some pictures give us some starting point what year you are stating with, early cruisers are straight forward.

You will remove your hard top, most soft tops come complete with frame and windshield channel, you will have to drill holes in your body for the snaps and footman loops so if you have an aversion to doing so then I would suggest just buying a bikini top. One thing to watch for is to make sure the snaps you put on the body align properly with the snaps on the top or you will have wrinkles as well as other problems. They are kind of a pita to install imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom