soft top twist fastener options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any recommendations on getting the grommets for the twist fasteners for my Eshan soft top?

no longer available OEM according to CDAN

thanks

Last edited:
sailmakers supply

1 60671 Common Sense Cutters
60671 - Hand Hole cutter for Eyelet - $62.00 $62.00 20 60613 Common Sense Turnbutton Fasteners
60613 - Eyelet w/ backing plate - $1.25 $25.00
Subtotal: $87.00
Shipping Rate: $9.95
Total: $96.95

I know someone will post them up cheaper---I'm ready:rolleyes:

well I am a sucker for buying tools so I got the punch, maybe I can sell it on or maybe loan it out and earn some cruiser karma after I am done:cool:

it was about a hundred for the turn fasteners too from CDAN----Cruising aint cheap! eh?

60671 - Hand Hole cutter for Eyelet - $62.00 $62.00 20 60613 Common Sense Turnbutton Fasteners

well I am a sucker for buying tools so I got the punch, maybe I can sell it on or maybe loan it out and earn some cruiser karma after I am done:cool:

it was about a hundred for the turn fasteners too from CDAN----Cruising aint cheap! eh?

"Sold in packs of 5 or 100 below."

Just checking your math. Tthey are sold in packs of 5 for $1.25 (.25 each), so, not $25, but only $5 for the 20 eyelets. A pack of 100 costs $23 (.23 each).

Math 101

:lol: yes, you are right we were on the way out the door to dinner when I ordered and I missed the box of 5 and ordered 20 boxes of 5 so I will have spares. :eek:

Well, I guess will have the tool to lend and eyelets for sale or trade:lol:

twist lock fastener option

I found these, they are for vintage heep side curtains. I wanted the 8-32 machine screw instead of the wood screw or double screw base. My top is black so these worked out for me.

HARDWARE INFORMATION

I knew it!

I did say someone would come along and show me some cheaper ones! :eek::lol::lol:

Can I brag mine are OEM? Nah:bang::rolleyes:

Good find

BSmith,
I still have to do mine so if you want to sell a full set (14?) plus a few spares and I'll kick in for the tools and then send them back. Let me know.

Pat

I just got my order from sailmakers and they sent me 30 or so extra grommets if anyone needs some pm me

i did too

:lol::lol: I got the unit of issue wrong ---it was 5 per bag so I am mailing some out too!

I'm using these:

top-3.jpg

top-4.jpg

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/183264-any-experience-w-canvasdealer-com-fasteners.html

not quite 2yrs, but no issues to report :D

I did my cutting with an exacto knife. Granted, I have the vinyl top, but I'm sure it would be as easy with the canvas ones.:meh:

Got the eyelets from McMaster-Carr, got the twist locks from 1stoyotaparts.com (about a buck cheaper than the local dealership not CDan), and exacto from WalMart:p. Once the holes are cut, then press the teeth through, sandwich the other side and bend the tabs down. I did a few practice runs on some spare material that I got, and took me about 30 minutes and 3 exacto blades to put 12 eyelets on my soft top.

Nuther way is to cut the 4 holes for the teeth, put the eyelet together, and once the tabs are bent down, then take the exacto and just cut the material out of the eyelet hole.

Last edited:
I found these, they are for vintage heep side curtains. I wanted the 8-32 machine screw instead of the wood screw or double screw base. My top is black so these worked out for me.

HARDWARE INFORMATION

Sorry to hijack, did you use the single height or double height twist fastener? I think these would look great on olive canvas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom