Soft top side mirror - anyone use these? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm going topless this summer and need to add side mirrors. The CCOT option looks like a good one, but after exchange, shipping and border fees is over $200 CDN. Anyone try these? It looks like they could be modified to mount on the windshield hinges. Total cost is around $50 CDN. Thanks for any thoughts/other options you have.

Amazon product ASIN B0006H8BIA
cipa.jpeg

Bite the bullet and get some OEM units. They fit and give you the best visibilty.

OEM is great, but costs have become crazy compared to 30 years ago when I bought my BJ60. Now, restoring a 42 I fabricate most of what I need and look for less costly alternatives for everything else. I take the point on the small mirror heads. But if the arms work, I’m sure better mirrors can be made to fit.
So his begs the question- are the arms any good? I have mirrors to use, but I’m debating on my homemade arms.

Mine came with those Amazon mirrors, one of the first things I tossed. Cheap and move so much they are pretty useless. OEM is the way to go

1622746228046.png

Find a pair of these and mount OEM mirrors on them. They bolt to the windshield hinges and are very stable while driving.

Those are exactly what I have and they work great. Stable
20210603_163700.jpg
and easy to resituate if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom