soft top part pic and measurement needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
I picked up a brand new Bestop softtop and doors a few weeks ago that was missing a couple of pieces of hardware. I think I can scrounge up handles and hinges for the doors, but the two rods that go over the tops of the doors between the forward bow and the windshield frame are both missing.:doh:

I am pretty confident that I can reproduce those two pieces, as IIRC, they are based on a simple 3/8" rod that has a right angle bolt at the windshield end and a washer where it meets the bar that runs up the back side of the door.

What I need is a picture with measurements of the overall length of the rod, the spacing between the bolt at the forward end and the washer at the back of the door.

TIA

:)

I have this same top on one of my cruisers. Let me know if you still need the pics or measurements.

miker said:
I have this same top on one of my cruisers. Let me know if you still need the pics or measurements.

Thanks Mike. It sounds like peesalot has got a spare set of rods he can get to me this weekend. If it doesn't work out, I will bump the thread again next week.:cheers:

Heck- I am in need of the same measurments. I figure reproducing should not be that hard at all....just wanted a decent pic/measurments.

Hey Mark, is the the type of softtop you are talking about? Is this the bar?
bar.JPG

side8.JPG

i read a previous forum here, someone got a soft top for their birthday or somthing, they were missing some peices when they opened it, so they called up bestop and best top replaced them for free, so try calling best top

red66toy said:
Hey Mark, is the the type of softtop you are talking about? Is this the bar?
bar.JPG

side8.JPG

Thanks for the pic Chase, but I think that is a newer version of the part I am looking for.

how much older do you need it? I estimate my Bestop (snap style) to be from about 1991, rods look the same, but dimensions may be different.

Mark,

FYI, the top I have is from 1983. The upper door opening supports are made from 3/8" solid stock. The end at the window has a 5/16" bolt welded to it at 90 degrees. At the back of the door opening, a washer or plate with a hole or another bolt is welded to the rod. I'll have to look to see which piece has the bolt and which piece has the hole. The rod does continue beyond the door opening and is inserted into a hole in the main hoop.

Here's a drawing from my memory. I can take measurements if you need them.

Mike

Last edited:
miker said:
Mark,

FYI, the top I have is from 1983. The upper door opening supports are made from 3/8" solid stock. The end at the window has a 5/16" bolt welded to it at 90 degrees. At the back of the door opening, a washer or plate with a hole or another bolt is welded to the rod. I'll have to look to see which piece has the bolt and which piece has the hole. The rod does continue beyond the door opening and is inserted into a hole in the main hoop.

Here's a drawing from my memory. I can take measurements if you need them.

Mike

THAT'S THE ONE MIKE!:bounce: Measurements please!

65swb45 said:
THAT'S THE ONE MIKE!:bounce: Measurements please!

OK, I should be able to get them tonight.

I should have gotten them last night while I was in the garage doing other things. :(

FYI in my opinion Bestop Customer Service is horrible I have a top live in colorado about 15 minutes away from them. Went there to pick up some parts for my top they wouldnt let me I had to order them. So I did they were to ship the next day, well 12 days later no parts I called and they said Oh they had not shipped because of back order. He said he doesnt call because he assumes the customer will call if they have been waiting too long.
At that time I needed another part a small plastic bracket to connect the two long support tubes. He wouldnt sell me just that I had to buy the entire pair of tubes for 70.00 Ea. I said what would happen if one broke he said no problem they would replace the piece but he still wouldnt sell me just the one small bracket. I made my own and WILL NOT BUY A BESTOP AGAIN. Next one will be a PAKI top

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom