Soft Top Install on Sunday (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Leave the top out in the sun before installing and drink a beer for me.

FYVM

This thread is worthless with no pics!

Well, I'm afraid to report that the Frazier clan failed in its attempt to assemble the top.

We actually didn't make it very far. We managed to get the B pillars up with the crosspiece that goes from the B pillar to the windshield frame, and we simply could not get the doors to fit. This went on for several hours. I ended up breaking out the grinder at one point, but it honestly was going to require so much grinding that A) I was worried about the integrity of the soft top frame and B) I was worried my neighbors would break out the pitchforks.

It was very frustrating to say the least. We have caved and will be leaving this project with @OTRAMM when he has an opening.

Was this an aftermarket factory soft top bow set? There’s a main bow designed for the factory soft doors and a different version for the hard doors.

It’s my understanding the Troll Hole main bow is modified by them to accommodate the hard doors. Isn’t Trole Hole just reseller of the Real Steel bow sets?

They don't even resell them, they just place the order and have it drop shipped straight from Real Steel. As far as I know, there is no modification that is made, but I sure would like to know if there is. I left a message with Real Steel this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom