Soft Brake Lines to Rear T Fitting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought new soft lines for my 40 from Napa. I bought the 38009 and it will not thread properly onto the T on my rear axle. I have a 1970 40 and has anyone had to buy an adapter or a new T to make this fit? If so, what year T fitting can I buy to make this fit?

Nick

You can get this Tee fitting from any BrakeQuip distributor.
Brake Tee 01.jpg

You can get this Tee fitting from any BrakeQuip distributor.

I was looking at threads and saw that T you had posted. I've been to a bunch of Autozones, Oriellys, Napas, and no one has anything like that. I'll see if I can't find a dist for Brakequip around the DFW area.

Thanks,
Nick

I was looking at threads and saw that T you had posted. I've been to a bunch of Autozones, Oriellys, Napas, and no one has anything like that. I'll see if I can't find a dist for Brakequip around the DFW area.

Thanks,
Nick

you could just call brakequip. I have ordered directly from them before.

So, I did not see your answer. Are your brake lines 9mm or 10mm?

k

So, I did not see your answer. Are your brake lines 9mm or 10mm?

k

Don't know. All my original brake lines are gone and my brakes are now 78 monte carlo discs in the rear and 4 Runner discs up front. I'm using a brand new 80 series master cylinder from Marlin Crawler. I'm going to take my new hard lines (3/16") along with my new Napa soft lines and see what fits. The weird thing is the two 38001 lines I got from Napa seem to be different but both came in 38001 boxes. The fittings are different (barely) and the hose material is different. I don't know if I got a wrong hose but neither of them fit my existing rear T.

hey can you post up a pic of your master cylinder setup, i have upgraded my brakes also am i am looking for options of what to run for a master cylinder.

This is the only one I have right now. I've since run my hardlines for my front brakes. My brake booster is new and from Autozone, part # 53-2460. I had to fabricate my own spacer and then had a piece of round rod drill and tapped at a machine shop to allow the connection from my pedal to my booster to work.

IMG_5302.jpg

I'm in the same predicament and need the 3 way tube tees...a pair of them to fit all new exact same setup as yours. I'll PM you. By the way what clutch master cylinder will you use?

Last edited:
I'm in the same predicament and need the 3 way tube tees...a pair of them to fit all new exact same setup as yours. I'll PM you. By the way what clutch master cylinder will you use?

I replied to your PM.

Clutch, clutch, ... what is this clutch thing you speak of? I'm running a 700R4 Auto tranny. No clutch for me! :grinpimp:

I had trouble with the larger banjo fittings on Napa(raybestos) hoses fitting the stock lines. I went with some stainless hoses from Downey I believe. Perfect fit and worth the $$$ to avoid a hassle. You may still be able to find these lines even though Downey is no longer doing business.

Update on the T fitting. I took bsevans advice and the T fitting from Brakequip works like a champ.
BrakeQuip Automotive Fittings; 3 Way Tube Tees Part number: BQ91A

IMG_5654.jpg

I also had a new hose made that works better than the Napa 38001 for my application. One end is a M10 for the T side and the other end is standard thread for 3/16" brake line.

Nick

Hey Nick, did you install your rear lines yet? I am curious to see how you set it up, where you mounted your tombstones, etc. How long were the hoses you had made? What do they look like? Pics?

Since I have the 10mm fittings and my brake lines are in good shape I am thinking to keep my hard lines and just mod the rear axle hardlines to work with the disc brakes. Then have hoses made with the right end fittings. I'd like to see how you did yours.

Steve

Steve -

I am waiting for my tombstones to be cut out at the CNC'er so I can mount them. I should have them today. I'll get some pics of the new lines for you. They are 24" and look a lot like the Napa lines.

Nick

24" is quite long. You could run them direct to the T on the short side and almost all the way on the long side. A friend of mine did just that using teflon lined steel braided lines.

Steve -

I am waiting for my tombstones to be cut out at the CNC'er so I can mount them. I should have them today. I'll get some pics of the new lines for you. They are 24" and look a lot like the Napa lines.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom