soflo bumper/bedliner hybrid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

krice118, my bumper proudly wears those tell-tale gouges - both corners. I've yet to snag and tear it... but, I've puckered a few times.

@geanes I understand that. but I am willing to take the risk until my build resumes.

My point is why not get a DIY 4x4Labs kit and find a local welder to do it for you - get a lot more bang for the buck IMO.

Yeah that kit is cool. I wonder what a welder would charge to weld it up. I am not good enough to trust myself not to ruin the kit haha!

What would be a rough estimate for taking the 4x4 labs to a welder?

Yeah that kit is cool. I wonder what a welder would charge to weld it up. I am not good enough to trust myself not to ruin the kit haha!

With the quotes I have been getting, it would make more sense to just buy it built from 4x4labs..... aka out of my price range.

With the quotes I have been getting, it would make more sense to just buy it built from 4x4labs..... aka out of my price range.

Seems like the dual swing kit is close to $900-$1000 cheaper as a kit as opposed to built. I would've guessed a welder would do this for $500 or so. Would save some money for sure. But if its really $900-1000 to have it welded seems like you may as well buy it built and save the headache.

Except if you get a flat in sandy or muddy conditions. Don't really feel like trying to get the spare lowered and out from under the truck. That's why I wanted a swingout while having 33" tires. I have the BIOR bumper, so I actually increased departure angle.

If you are sunk in sand or mud to the point of not being able to drop your spare, I doubt you are going to be able to get the flat tire off anyways. I understand not wanting to deal with being under the truck in mud though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom