Social hour...err...days - Reviving another 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Zjohnsonua

SILVER Star
Threads
My buddy bought a beauty of a stocker, and it needs some serious TLC time to revive the mechanicals. The truck is currently a bit of a basket-case. Kurt set him up with enough boxes to properly irritate the Brown Truck driver, most of which should arrive Friday. I'll be picking up the truck that afternoon and will be working on it after work for the next week or so.

Current punch list:

- Ignition tune up
- Valve lash check/adjustment
- Carb tune
- Rod end replacements
- Knuckle rebuild (get excited, @Skitz and @ufg8r)
- Clutch set
- Transfer case rebuild
- Lift install
- Drum brake inspect and adjustment
- Mount new wheel/tires
- Fluids replacement

Y'all come on by and socialize. New folks are especially welcome! Kris (owner) will be coming up to help with the big stuff (trans pull and suspension lift). Beverages will be in the cooler.

62252335_10107609386325875_7559820453087281152_o.jpg

That's nice of you Zach

He might have a longer list than me.

Ill be working on it most of the day Sunday. Starting Monday I'll tinker with it after 5pm through the weekend unless something else pulls rank. Gonna get the little stuff done first. He wants to throw hands in for the clutch and lift work so that'll need some scheduling.

Figured this would make a good opportunity for some more folks like Mark to see some of this work happen and maybe learn a little bit, thus the open invite.

Last edited:
Update:

Latest UPS info says the parts aren't arriving until Monday. I'll pick up the truck and all the parts at the same time, so it's gonna be Tuesday before the wrenches start flying.

I should've included this at the top, but I started this thread in response to a few comments in the past akin to "I wish I had known about y'all working on yada yada widgit, I've been wanting to see how that's done. Let me know next time, would ya?" So yeah; come on over and watch if you want, contribute if you feel like it, or simply hang out.

Many thanks to @Skitz for sticking it out through the humidity and helping out this weekend. Front end repairs and maintenance are 95% done. Got a few smalls to order to finish the job. Also, Local Taco was a great close to the day!

The lift will go on bit by bit through the week if the weather plays ball.

Big day of progress yesterday with the lift install and the addition of new wheels and tires. Looks much more like a proper 60 now.

Next off the punch list will be to pull the transmission as the clutch is like a toddler: it's either rattling or wailing, and quiet only when sleeping.

20190701_094146.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom