SOLD SoCal- Section 150: EARLY skidplate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
The formed U in the front of the plate pre-dates my ‘64s, so I’m just gonna guess that this is a ‘63, but I honestly don’t know.

I’ll start price at $125 plus the ride, but I’m definitely open to a MUDship option; these things aren’t cheap to ship! No PMs please.
C546B320-9A76-4516-82C2-C05A2F074B04.jpeg

The formed U in the front of the plate pre-dates my ‘64s, so I’m just gonna guess that this is a ‘63, but I honestly don’t know.

I’ll start price at $125 plus the ride, but I’m definitely open to a MUDship option; these things aren’t cheap to ship! No PMs please.
View attachment 2440349
1st early one I have seen. Thanks for the info on how to identify pre 64 units.

What’s also interesting is the forward hole on what would be the passenger side of the plate.

Any interest?

Mark, if you can provide appx dimensions and a weight, I will check shipping cost with my FedEx business acct. I don't need one now but I am slowly acquiring early parts for a future early 40 purchase.

Drake

Last edited:
Curious. I put this one one my early ‘63 (FJ45) and all the detents and access holes align well. Wonder about access in yours for parking brake adjustment... etc. A friendly bump I guess.
C54B3819-8BAF-4BB0-83CD-7BB62EF7DC53.jpeg

Mark, if you can provide appx dimensions and a weight, I will check shipping cost with my FedEx business acct. I don't need one now but I am slowly acquiring early parts for a future early 40 purchase.

Drake

No box: 15#. 33x18

Curious. I put this one one my early ‘63 (FJ45) and all the detents and access holes align well. Wonder about access in yours for parking brake adjustment... etc. A friendly bump I guess.
View attachment 2464873
What I noticed now while taking the measurements for Drake is that the well for the tcase is extra deep, as if it were for a split case.

:confused:

Thanks Mark for the info and spending the time getting dims and weight. I will pass for now but I hope you can find someone closer to pick it up. GLWS!

AAY (Almost a year) bump

Mark,
I notice you say its deep for a TC do you think it would bolt on to my frame and clear my orion so I do not use spacers?

Mark,
I notice you say its deep for a TC do you think it would bolt on to my frame and clear my orion so I do not use spacers?
I can’t venture a guess on that. BUT, IIRC, there is a stock plate next to it, so I could try to measure the difference when I get back to the shop. Currently on a bike ride about 35 miles away.

Mark,
When you have a chance let me know your thoughts, if you think it might work I'll take it.
Keep the wind to your back out there.
Ken

Memory served. The transfer case well measures 3”. There was/is a stock plate next to it. The well on that measures 2”.😊

Up for skidplate.

Up again.

A

I'll take it Mark. Should work for me in one of my old cruisers. Would need to get to 85345 unless a commercial address would be cheaper. Mudship would be cheaper but do not know of anyone heading down I-10 in the near future.

Commercial address always cheaper John. Seems like there’s a new surcharge every week for things that aren’t. :mad:

Isn't that the truth. Just sent a small part in an envelope from AZ to AL. Plus snail is really snail mail. Took three days to get from the suburbs to the center post office hub in central Phoenix.

I reach out tomorrow to the place I used in the past. It's in central Phoenix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom