SOLD [SoCal] - HJ60 (edit not HJ61) OEM 24v to 12v converter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BreckenridgeCruiser

I break things.
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
teqtach.com
OEM 24v to 12v converter. EDIT: for a 1982 to 1985 HJ60.

$25 plus shipping.
2020-10-12 11.37.08.jpg
2020-10-12 11.37.21.jpg
2020-10-12 11.37.25.jpg

Last edited:
bump

I stand corrected. This is for a HJ60 and not a 61..

it is used to reduce the 24 voltage to 12v to run the stereo system.

1602721756173.png

Apparently this is for the larger AM/FM radio with cassette! Fancy!

I believe it manages the headlights on a HJ60 as well. It’s stock location is inside the drivers fender just behind where you’d find a carb fan on a FH60/62. Good luck with your sale. @ceylonfj40nut CD, could be a nice spare for your truck.

bump

Do you know what differentiates this unit from the '86-'87 HJ's? I need one of these for my truck, but it's an '87. I have the factory cassette deck so this might be the correct unit. Has it been tested, or is "working when removed"? The reason I ask, is that mine was working when removed, but was not working again when re-installed!

Working when removed... I do have a 24v truck here and could test it if I knew how to hook it up... I don't have a wiring diagram for this and would really want to make sure I had the input, ground, and output identified before I hooked it up...

To be fair, I priced it based on the 'working when removed' status.

I believe it manages the headlights on a HJ60 as well. It’s stock location is inside the drivers fender just behind where you’d find a carb fan on a FH60/62. Good luck with your sale. @ceylonfj40nut CD, could be a nice spare for your truck.
Jim, I think this unit is for the radio only. The label on it says 3A, so not enough to run any headlights. For us lucky ones up in Canada, we have that center-tap headlight stuff, where the LH headlight gets 12V from the low side battery, (0-12V), and the RH headlight gets its 12V from the high side battery (12-24V). No converters involved.

Working when removed... I do have a 24v truck here and could test it if I knew how to hook it up... I don't have a wiring diagram for this and would really to make sure I had the input, ground, and output identified before I hooked it up...

To be fair, I priced it based on the 'working when removed' status.
Fair enough. Let me look into it further to see if it will work for me. I'm also considering just getting a newer unit and calling it a day, but working original stuff is nice to have.

If you have a wire diagram or can tell me which pin is what, I can give it a whirl...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom