SOLD SoCal: Full record/two owner 168k triple locked 2005 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Outside Link
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9WMaRYqM/2005-toyota-land-cruiser?c=all
2005 Toyota Land Cruiser

G'Day Mud,

For sale is my triple-locked 2005 Toyota Land Cruiser in Thunder Cloud/Grey. All scheduled + preventative maintenance done alongside $20k+ of best-in-class modifications.

This rig is fully baselined and represents a reliable, turnkey package for its next owner. I’ve spent $12k on parts/labor in the past year of ownership alone.

Cars & Bids Auction listing - 2005 Toyota Land Cruiser - 1 Owner Until 2020, Southwestern-Kept, Numerous Off Road Modifications - https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9WMaRYqM/2005-toyota-land-cruiser

Summary
  • 168,XXX miles
  • Two owners, Arizona and now SoCal owned - (rust free)
    • Original owner was a Navy surgeon from Scottsdale, AZ who initially utilized this as his primary vehicle before relegating it to roadtrip/family vacation duties later in ownership. Majority of mileage accrued are highway miles from first six years of ownership as he regularly commuted to Pendleton/San Diego and various other Navy bases across the region.
  • Clean Carfax (see attached - report was run this week)
  • Full records and receipts in digital/hard copy
    • I have 16 pages of Toyota dealership records since new, a $13K receipt from Slee and receipts for all work done under my ownership
  • All maintenance and modification work performed by Camelback Toyota (Scottsdale, AZ), the venerable Slee Off-Road (Golden, CO) and SoCal's premier 100 series shop; RPM Garage (Monrovia, CA)

Exterior
  • TJM T13 Front bumper
  • Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro LED Fogs (SAE road legal) in yellow
  • Slee rock sliders
  • ARB Rear bumper with dual swingouts (gas can and spare tire)
  • 33" 275/70/18 BFGoodrich KO's - full set of five - less than 8,000mi old (rotated @ 5k)
  • Bi-xenon 4300K HID headlight retrofit
    • work performed by Lightwerkz.net in NJ - they have been in operation over a decade and are the gold standard in headlight retrofits (new OEM glass headlamps, OEM grade Osram + Morimoto lighting components). Built for performance, not show - this set up outperforms the lighting systems on most entry-mid level luxury cars
  • LED reverse/rear bulbs
  • New OEM wipers
  • 3M ceramic 30% window tint
  • Hood deflector (black)
  • small 4mm chip on windscreen exterior- has been patched and unchanged in size for over a year - in middle of windshield, no interference with driver view
  • I purchased the rig with a handful of small dings which can easily be fixed via paintless dent removal.
  • The paint is excellent all round but the hood is slightly less shiny now (Arizona sun?). The Thunder Cloud metallic is, in my opinion, the best Toyota paint color. It changes in various light and looks amazing clean or with some trail dust.
  • All five factory 18” wheels are straight and perfectly balanced - there are trail marks and scratches on a couple

Suspension (installed Oct 2020)

Mechanical
  • ARB Front + Rear Air lockers controlled by OEM 80 Series locker switch
  • ARB CKMA12 onboard air compressor

Interior
  • Steering wheel and gear knob look as new
  • Leather seats are all in excellent used condition - some patina/wear marks on the driver's seat but no rips or tears anywhere. Third row seats are included and basically unused.
  • Door panels, soft touch areas, center console and dash are all in excellent used condition - no damage or marks
  • Sirus XM Satellite Radio unit
  • LED interior lighting
  • Vehicle has never been smoked in

Preventative Maintenance + Service Items within past year
  • Timing Belt & Water Pump replaced @ 150,442 miles (Dec 2017)
  • 5k synthetic oil changes
  • Rebuilt OEM CV axles
  • OEM fuel cap
  • OEM brake pads + rotors + bearing service
  • OEM fan clutch
  • New fluids (brake/diff/TCase/Radiator)
  • OEM heater t's
  • Serpentine belt
  • lower 170 degree temp thermostat for Southwest heat
  • OEM "cabin filter" mod

Included Accessories
  • Factory Remote key with YotaMD reinforced titanium kit + two valet keys
  • Third row seats (hardly used)
  • Factory floor mats
  • Weathertech mats front, second row and cargo (black)
  • Covercraft 100 Series Land Cruiser sunshade (silver)
  • 5 Gallon (20L) NATO gas/jerry can (red)
  • Mob Armor Rad Mount
  • Ram Mount iPhone/smartphone seat mount

I own vehicle outright with title in hand and am based in North Los Angeles County. Everything works as it should, there are no issues. This is our roadtrip/weekend trail ride and has taken us around the Southwest with zero issues for the past year. The Land Cruiser bug has bitten - hard - and I am only selling this for another Cruiser opportunity.

The rig is booked for a full annual detail and I will provide a folder of high res photos and walkaround videos shortly. In the meantime I've posted some iPhone placeholders. These photos and my description are accurate and represent the condition of this vehicle faithfully.

Inspections/Pre-purchase inspections are welcome and encouraged. Proof of funds required prior to scheduling PPI's or test drives.

I will gladly work with the right out of state buyers (Facetime walkaround inspections, picking you up at airport for a fly in/drive out transaction or accommodating interstate transport).

Price is $34,500.

Vehicle will list exclusively on Mud for the next five days prior to other car sales sites. I much prefer it go to an enthusiast/Mudder.

Kindly PM all questions and I will respond as quickly as possible.

Many thanks

Jonathan

IMG_8496.jpg

IMG_3806.JPG

IMG_9111.jpg

IMG_4712.jpg

IMG_6950.jpg

IMG_7783.jpg

IMG_5275.jpg

IMG_3851.JPG

IMG_3821.JPG

Attachments

• June Carfax - 2005 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER_ JTEHT05J552079832.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Nice looking rig! Does the TJM bumper have recovery points on it? It appears that there is not a winch on the front bumper. Does the bumper have to be removed to accept a winch? Thanks

You csn add recovery shacked on both front and rear. If you look close enough there are recovery points (4). And yes you have to remove the front bumper to install a winch.
Also you can add a tow hook on the hitch.

Dream rig. Wonderful. I do t know the seller but this seems a fantastic one ! Really wish I have that money. Best of luck.

Quick exterior walkaround video added.

We are dealing with an illness in the family and I'm delayed getting detailed photos up - aiming for early next week.

PM's replied, thank you. Sharing some responses to PM'ed questions for benefit of wider audience;
  • Price is negotiable. Prefer a clean, no hassle transaction with an experienced buyer with their sh*t in order. No tire kickers or time wasters, please.
  • I am not willing to part out - this vehicle is up for sale as a package.

Thanks

Jon

Last edited:
Beautiful man, don't regret like i did. I'm looking for a stockish 06-07 or else i'd be all over this. GLWS

Thank you for your interest and questions, Mud.

Vehicle will now list exclusively on Cars & Bids as mentioned. Will post auction link shortly once live.

@JZGarage the light output on those retrofitted headlights is dead sexy

Thanks, @bozncsurf - the lighting retrofit was built around a "all go, some show" goal. I selected Osram Nightbreaker Laser HID bulbs in 4300K which provides maximum visibility and output for road and trail. It's not nearly as blue/purple as the fancy Euro style HID bulbs, but delivers a lot more light output.

Here is a HID bulb shootout from The Retrofit Source that helped me during my research -

The functional utility and build quality in the aftermarket HID and LED lighting industry nowadays is light (no pun intended) years ahead of the drop-in kits we used to play with as tuners in the mid 2000's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom