SOLD SoCal: FJ40 red seat belts and mounting eyelets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Removed from a ‘66FJ I am currently parting out. Both the chrome and the webbing straps on these are easily the best survivors Ive ever come across. The webbing has very little fading or staining. The chrome on the eyelets has seen better days. It’s still there, but I have my doubts how well they will shine up.

$300 shipped for all. @rainingagain has first dibs on these, since he contacted me a week ago, before I even had the eyelets out of the truck!

FC472B81-464F-430F-9256-A6CA16119026.jpeg

Shout out to @65swb45
These seat belts came with a 1965 FJ45 I recently purchased.
I know a lot more about later models and very little about early models.
I was about to toss them thinking they were aftermarket. Glad I saw the post!
This will make my restoration more original.

So the red seat belts came with coral seat covers?

A4999A94-109D-4C5D-B99B-BC46CF48DA7E_1_201_a.jpeg

Shout out to @65swb45
These seat belts came with a 1965 FJ45 I recently purchased.
I know a lot more about later models and very little about early models.
I was about to toss them thinking they were aftermarket. Glad I saw the post!
This will make my restoration more original.

So the red seat belts came with coral seat covers?

View attachment 3135126

They lasted a little longer than the coral seat covers. Believe the 1970 model was the first year for black seat belts. My 9/67 68 model had gray seats and red seat belts originally. The last couple years red belts did not have a clip and eyelet on tub. Had a simple plate with a hole and bolted directly to the tub.The belts have a white label. That label has the manufacturer name and year on them.

Here is the label on my 70 model seat belts. Labeled as Toyota but still has a manufactured date.
20221008_142503.jpg

Remember the seat belts in my had a non Toyota manufacturer name

I understood Tanaka was the manufacturer, with a TK or TNK number.

Update 10-12-2022: Name correction: should be Takata or TK (Takata KojyoCo.), not Tanaka or TNK. Sorry for the mis-spelling.

Last edited:
I had to work pretty late on Friday, sorry I wasn't able to call. I just tried calling and was hoping to go to voicemail but it just kept ringing. I'll try again first thing tmrw morning.

I had to work pretty late on Friday, sorry I wasn't able to call. I just tried calling and was hoping to go to voicemail but it just kept ringing. I'll try again first thing tmrw morning.
I have turned off my answering machine until I return from my trip.
You can PP $310 (which will net me $300) to my mud username at earthlinkdotnet and I will get your address from PP.

I have turned off my answering machine until I return from my trip.
You can PP $310 (which will net me $300) to my mud username at earthlinkdotnet and I will get your address from PP.
Gotcha! I'll dust of my PayPal account. Friends and family I assume (if that's still a thing)?

Gotcha! I'll dust of my PayPal account. Friends and family I assume (if that's still a thing)?
PP eliminated the F&F option for vendors in August.

Payment sent. I'm assuming no shipping until your back which is fine. Enjoy your trip!
Not seeing it. 95% of the time, one character gets keyed wrong. 🤷🏻You might want to double check.😉

Your box is packed and ready to ship. My wife will continue shipping while I’m gone. I have packages for @zebrabeefj40 , @adavis , @kunzma and three other people also lined up to ship as funds arrive.😉

Last edited:
@65swb45 I just got notification that mine was delivered 23 minutes ago!! I was getting nervous. I guess 5 days late isn't that big of a deal to the USPS. 😕

😛

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom