SoCal: Downey Cantilever shackles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Installed, but never run. $150 for the pair, plus the ride. If you would like two pairs of these, I should have the other pair, which are still currently attached to the back of the frame, available in a few weeks.
44D30A3E-84F5-45D3-9088-ED853BF18520.jpeg

Installed, but never run. $150 for the pair, plus the ride. If you would like two pairs of these, I should have the other pair, which are still currently attached to the back of the frame, available in a few weeks.
View attachment 3127481
Interesting, I've never seen these before

Interesting, I've never seen these before
Jim designed them at the same time he designed the shock tower extensions.

Jim designed them at the same time he designed the shock tower extensions.
Hmmm, have not seen those either. Have any pics of those extensions? Maybe @Downey Could share a pic or 2

I was just digging the info up as you posted!😛

I run the tower extensions on Ruftoys and my lwb45.
76CCCE02-DDF9-4CCF-8FFC-11A0CC0E263A.jpeg

13” of travel without having to remove the factory towers. Pretty slick idea. Slick Ol Jim we used to call him.😉

I was just digging the info up as you posted!😛
Well look at that...darn cool. Thanks for the history lesson😀

SPF.😉

Sold. Thanks Nick.😊

So much for the few weeks! 😛The second set is now available. Same as the first, except that this set has greaseable shackle bolts. Right of first refusal to @zebrabeefj40 , since he bought the first set.

Last edited:
I’d like to point out that these are not just for hardcore rock crawlers. The two-stage shackle also effectively fixes the poor shackle angle created by virtually all aftermarket springs. So if you have a stiff riding 40 with near vertical shackle angle, this is a bolt on alternative to moving shackle or spring hangers to get a good shackle angle…and better ride.

Ttt

Up

I have the shackles and shock extensions, totally functional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom