SoCal 80's member seeking some trail input! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good afternoon! I am generally over on the Socal page, however I decided to prod you all for some info. Our group of avid off roaders/campers is doing our annual January trip and we wanted to do something new. We typically stick to the Mojave Road or Death Valley for our 3-5 day "overloading" jaunts in the winter, so we are definitely not new to the desert camping scene at all. So here we go... Where should we go? We wanted to stick to the south, as my wife has Lupus and really cold nights cause even more joint pain. She is not critical, so being remote as hell is preferred. We will be 4 vehicles, all built to stay on the trail for weeks. We have five days to do something new and exciting. What should it be? I was thinking of doing the border road that in Duquesne and Harshaw, then maybe heading up towards Chiricahua... but that is about as much as I can come up with. I have found it to be difficult to find anyplace truly remote down there.

Anyhow, multi-day trails or must-see things would be greatly appreciated. If you head this way I will gladly help you plan a trip!

Phillip

I spent ten days in KofA and didn't see anyone for five of them.

Chiricahua is very nice too - there are signs in the southern half warning about smuggling tho.

I spent ten days in KofA and didn't see anyone for five of them.

Chiricahua is very nice too - there are signs in the southern half warning about smuggling tho.

That's the issue with family going, I am concerned with smuggling and all sorts of border-trouble. I'd love to spend time in the Sonoran Monument or Organ Cactus, but everything I have read says there is too much activity there to feel comfortable and safe...

KofA is north enough not to be bothered by border traffic

the Duquesne and Harshaw area is going to be loaded with bird hunters this time of year. I don't know that I would worry to much about smugglers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom