For Sale SoCal- 72-74 model FJ40 hood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Came off an FJ40 I parted out about 25 years ago. Rust free and pretty straight except for the cheesy bondo job on a dent at the front lip. I think it could have been easily straightened, and am guessing that they just didn’t want to pull the hood off to do it right.
Prop rod not included.

$320. Local pickup only. No PMs please.

Last edited:
E56B14F9-CAEE-4A3A-A3AC-C9972F9E70DC.jpeg

94D3C6C9-334C-4602-A22C-EC7DFAE35A56.jpeg

D354A816-1EE8-4DD2-9BED-A909757020BD.jpeg

4596AB9C-B9D8-4E5F-B223-82837ED6B459.jpeg

No telltale crease in the middle, like most of the 72/73s Ive seen.

Bueller?

what tale does the tell, I am wondering.
72-73 was the‘transition’ period with the newer, lighter one-piece hood, before the bib mounted safety catch was introduced in’74.

From my earliest days selling cruiser parts, I have always had the majority of hood calls from 72-73 owners who forgot to latch the hood and had it fly open on the highway.😱

Thus the telltale crease.

I figured it was something like that, but now I know "the rest of the story." I would have bought this hood if you had been able to ship it, but I found something here in the northeast. The one that came with my '73 had the tell tale crease.

Up.

Bump.

I can MUDship this to Bakersfield for the rally if that helps.

A

B

C

Mark -

Thanks for the time on the phone yesterday - i look forward to hearing from you if you confirm you still have the hood. I'll then coordinate a drive down for pickup. Have a great weekend!

Just saw it half an hour ago while I was pouring concrete. Would have seen it sooner but I forgot to look. When my wife came to check on me, she reminded me.😉

Last edited:
Assume it still looks as good as it did back when you posted it a couple of years ago.

When are you back in the shop? - trying to figure out my schedule to drive down and pick it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom