Wanted SoCal: 3spd column shift steering column (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EWheeler

4 Cruisers, No Garage !
GOLD Star
Threads
I am looking for a loose 3spd column shift steering column tube, steering column shaft, and 3spd column shift rod end support housing. This is going to get chopped up and modified for installation of an OEM FJ40 power steering box while maintaining the column shift function, so I don't need anything nice or restored. I do not want or need the box. See photo and red circle showing what I'm after.

Thanks,
Evan

InkedCAB121DD-913D-4F3B-B666-2B63ED0CE6AA_LI.jpg

i have one out of 72. would that work for you.
I'm not sure to be quite honest. Does it look like what I circled in the photo of the first post?

Bump

Definitely have several Evan.

Definitely have several Evan.
Mark, the columns you have, are they separated from the box, IE, never can be used for a manual steering setup again? I don't want to use anything that could possibly be used for a manual steering setup, I want to hack the columns up. I need at least one with the intact 3spd shift rod housing at the base, the other I just need the column tube and the steering shaft as I will be inserting a bushing or bearing to support the steering shaft inside the tube, and cutting it just past the firewall for either a saignaw or FJ80 steering box install. Both need to be the more common later model splined steering shaft. I think I need the 33 splined units., I read that they changed from 36 splines to 33 splines from 7/69 and on.

Mark, the columns you have, are they separated from the box, IE, never can be used for a manual steering setup again? I don't want to use anything that could possibly be used for a manual steering setup, I want to hack the columns up. I need at least one with the intact 3spd shift rod housing at the base, the other I just need the column tube and the steering shaft as I will be inserting a bushing or bearing to support the steering shaft inside the tube, and cutting it just past the firewall for either a saignaw or FJ80 steering box install. Both need to be the more common later model splined steering shaft. I think I need the 33 splined units., I read that they changed from 36 splines to 33 splines from 7/69 and on.
@65swb45 Mark, quoting the above to bump this up. I'm looking for just the column tube with the column shift end housing and the 33 spline steering shaft that has been cut from the box. Well, it could still be the full shaft if the box is no good, i just don't want to ruin good parts that have utility in the form they were intended. The ultimate goal here is keep my column shift but shorten everything up to make room to install a factory PS box. I really don't want to hack up my perfectly good steering box.

@65swb45 Mark, quoting the above to bump this up. I'm looking for just the column tube with the column shift end housing and the 33 spline steering shaft that has been cut from the box. Well, it could still be the full shaft if the box is no good, i just don't want to ruin good parts that have utility in the form they were intended. The ultimate goal here is keep my column shift but shorten everything up to make room to install a factory PS box. I really don't want to hack up my perfectly good steering box.
You should buy that box that baileycpa is selling, then sell me the sector…if it actually turns out to be any good. I got burned out trying to get a good pic out of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom