SOLD SoCal 2001 LX470 - Front damage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
rgb(234, 224, 200)
Wasn't sure whether to post here or in the Parted Out Classifieds.

Unfortunately, some jerk slammed into my rig while parked in front of my house. Looking to get rid of it for a decent price before I say "to hell with it" and sell to a junkyard. I didn't have collision coverage on it so I won't be getting much from insurance. I'd rather sell it to someone who can use it for parts or potentially build her back up. I don't want to spend the time to part her out so please don't ask about specific parts.

$4300 OBO

2001 LX470
Blizzard Pearl/Tan - Body is straight
18" Method NV
AHC Deleted - Has had Stage 1 Icons since I bought it.
295/70/18 Cooper STT Pro - Less than 1K on them, I have a full size spare (on same Method wheels) to replace damaged one.
California truck all its life. No rust
Engine has brand new timing belt. I have paperwork from SDTrux for about ~$5k worth of professional work done recently (even though new rack was destroyed). Also has 8 new denso coils and plugs.
The interior is in decent shape for its age (no rips or tears).
All fluids have less than 2K on them.
San Diego CA

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 1.18.34 PM.png

I do not know the full extent of the damage but I do know at a minimum it will need:

Front Bumper
DS Fender
Radiator
Bumper Filler/Headlight trim pieces
Steering rack/Tie rod ends - I had just gotten a brand new ones installed but this looks toasted by how bad it's bent back from impact.
DS UCA - Nitro one was split in half from impact!

Remarkably, the hood is not damaged and looks to be unscathed. I have video of the impact if anyone interested wants to see it for proof.

I can post more photos or send them over PM if there is interest in it. This was my baby and I took great care of it and rescued it from a neglective prior owner. I wish I had the space to garage it and slowly get her back on the road but I can't do it at the moment.

I'm honestly not sure, but likely if the frame has damage. Still waiting on the outcome from cops re: hit and run case. Since I only had liability Geico will only pay me once the driver is identified and proven to be uninsured. Once that happens I'm not sure if they would send an adjustor out or just give me the $3500 (max) bucks. I haven't had it towed anywhere to assess the damage but it might be getting close to a total loss.

Really stupid on my part not getting collision coverage. Early on, I didn't drive it too much but I started putting money into it. I had it ready to drive cross country right before this happened. I should've upped my coverage once I had real money into it.

If this wasn't on the other side of the country you'd probably have a check in your hand.

Best of luck with everything. Sorry to see that happen.

Salvage titles almost exclusively occur when an insurance company is involved. If you are paying out of pocket for repairs, the title should stay clean.

I'm honestly not sure, but likely if the frame has damage. Still waiting on the outcome from cops re: hit and run case. Since I only had liability Geico will only pay me once the driver is identified and proven to be uninsured. Once that happens I'm not sure if they would send an adjustor out or just give me the $3500 (max) bucks. I haven't had it towed anywhere to assess the damage but it might be getting close to a total loss.

Really stupid on my part not getting collision coverage. Early on, I didn't drive it too much but I started putting money into it. I had it ready to drive cross country right before this happened. I should've upped my coverage once I had real money into it.
I can tell from pics that the frame is 100% intact. I've done many salvage toyota trucks, I can tell right away if the frame is buckled or pushed in

Greetings, is your vehicle still available I am interested im in corona California. please let me know ! thx

Bump.

Original sale depended on it being shipped from San Diego to TN and purchaser was unable to find a solution. Back on the market.

I should also mention I prefer local pickup or someone who can facilitate a legit tow with dollies to get it on their rig/trailer. This thing will start but you cannot drive it, the whole front wheel assembly needs to be replaced basically. The last buyer sent numerous companies out to get it and they all left without the truck because they weren't prepared. Keep this in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom