For Sale SoCal - 1965 Toyota FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 45 Series
Color
rgb(0, 255, 251)
Not mine - No affiliation, just popped up an hour ago - $135K
Sellers Description:
1965 Land Cruiser FJ45

If you want a no nonsense pickup, this is it. Everything works and keeps working.. It has a Cummins 3BT motor and a 5spd NV4500 transmission. Gearing is 4.88 37” Toyo tires w/ disc brakes. Refill every 800miles bio or standard. LED, Bluetooth, heated seats, incredible sound system.

Email me only if your wanting to come see it or ship it..
Michael

Land Cruiser Bio-Diesel FJ45 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... - https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/temecula-land-cruiser-bio-diesel-fj45/7423129881.html

00v0v_lwvno5RyE3z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Pics:

00101_7d7InxVU41Zz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

01111_f35Vpx9YQ8kz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00707_6QoG5ocU9YMz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Yikes.

@Eco 45 built this years ago, crazy money!
As soon as I saw the color, that what I was thinking Brian. I built the split case and the original diffs for that truck. Scott’s aim with the diesel, 5 speed and the 3.70s was to try and hit 30mpg. IIRC, he got pretty close.

And if I recall, it was already resold once before.

it is listed on craigslist in Bozeman MT also

It is really odd that the first two cruisers I have owned popped up on MUD in the last month for one reason or another. This 45 was my very first(lucky...I know). It was pretty stock truck when Eco45 picked it up. He did an awesome job. Truth be told, I used it as a real truck around town and hunting. It wasnt the full restoration you see detailed these days...I call it a "street restoration". Cleaned up, painted, suspension/shocks and drivable as they were intended. Eco45 has a talent I do not possess. BTW, my Wyoming license plate was RARE. AND, the bezel was upside down.

1b.jpg

4831_98405860821_810718_n.jpg

amazing range for 37” tires with that clearance; it has great curves on it’s short wheel base bed. It’s also a convertible..

Last edited:
One of the things I’ve learned from watching this forum is that there are several people here who have kept track of high profile rigs like this and can offer up how much a particular vehicle was sold for each time it has sold, and what additional work was or wasn’t done before the flip.

One of the things I’ve learned from watching this forum is that there are several people here who have kept track of high profile rigs like this and can offer up how much a particular vehicle was sold for each time it has sold, and what additional work was or wasn’t done before the flip.
Glad you brought that up..
I bought this direct from Eco45 about 12years ago.. Scott is a great mechanic and did an excellent job in its fabrication. It was listed to sell 6yrs prior, but i pulled the plug after finding a tax haven in its ownership.. these things really do hold value if maintained and it was a great financial decision..

Most classics are underpowered for modern use or too modified to maintain original aesthetics.. I feel this one does it all- it’s the Katana of the FJ45’s- strong, resilient and incredibly beautiful..

Anyhow, it’s certainly been a metamorphosis from what it was - the new mods still maintain original fuel efficiency, while opening access to about any trail/road out there.. it’s done the classics half a dozen times, such as Rubicon, Slick Rock, etc., although too crowded and prefer the old distant fire roads.. it’s a magical time machine!!
One of the great things is not having to trailer it and can simply drive the long highways straight to the unbeaten paths.. These distant Carson trails aren’t maintained like the Rubicon and pose some unique situations that can change on a dime due to erosion (massive erosion that will turn around most anyone except those drunk in a buggy 🤠)- this thing just tiptoes through it all.. saves a multiple hour turn around time..
Importantly, with that being said- the smaller Cummins 3B T is the way to go for off-road use due to the articulation angles and twists.. everything on this rig has been field tested and it’s bomber! no issues..
I am only selling due to new summer storage issues .. the county built a paved bike trail behind our house and have cut off my ability to stealth park it without driving over the trail and pissing off the neighbors/local officials..
it’s annoying as can be, but it’s the world we live in up here..

I had posted this on Craigslist with an old photo from years ago- as of yesterday, it’s out of winter storage and will update my ad- kinda thrown into this discussion as someone chose to link it here.. I was doing a field test on Craigslist with intent to eventually go on BAT.
Appreciate those who are sincerely helpful, not really into those tags who want to argue their points of ego. lets not be a character in Lord of the Flies..

Last edited:
so here are some photos taken behind my house.. couldn’t clean the underside or motor after driving through 36” of a stream and snow melt to get it parked after winter storage..

072D20E0-3A65-4F92-9872-FB8CE6565DB6.jpeg

6762D296-D5E6-4997-AED0-267A6508724E.jpeg

73BC8ABC-5EED-4F89-95E8-87B723C72488.jpeg

3FC8DD5A-CE82-4625-8417-148B68BC7FD3.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom