Soaked passenger floorboard - not rain related (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It hasn't rained here in 3 weeks but it's been hot and humid. I noticed the other day after a long drive that the passenger floorboard was soaked - and can pretty much deduce that it's A/C related.

I have not noticed the typical drip in the driveway. I just opened the hood a few minutes ago, turned the A/C on high cool and looked for the drip out of the drain for a while. There was no drip but I did notice that cool air was blowing out of the drain hole. I didn't notice any dripping behind the glove box either.

My mechanic just "charged up" my a/c system recently and replaced "damaged O-ring and condenser fitting connection". I'll be calling him tomorrow to discuss the issue.

Are there any quick remedies? Is this a common problem?

Are there any quick remedies? Is this a common problem?

Sounds to me like the evaporator drain hose has come off and is dumping the condensation into the HVAC assembly and ultimately the passenger floorboard. Maybe pull the glovebox and ECU and see if you can reach back behind the HVAC unit and locate the drain. It should just be a hose running through a grommet in the firewall.

I assume you're from Sarasota? I'm in Bradenton.. didn't know there were any local cruiser guys!

1) Run a pipe cleaner up the drain hose to make sure it's not clogged.

2) Put a hose clamp around the hose where it mates to the A/C evaporator housing. (It tends to loosen up and leak.)

Curtis

P.S. It should be very easy to see where the hose meets the housing; no need to remove the glove box or anything like that.

P.S. It should be very easy to see where the hose meets the housing; no need to remove the glove box or anything like that.

Nevermind what I said then. :D Guess I should have searched!

I'll throw a clamp over the fitting tonight and see what happens - I didn't think of that - duh.

thanks!

and yes, i'm in Sarasota, FL - a new addition to the 'cruiser family (and very happy with my decision). What mechanic do you trust with your truck in this area?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom