1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOA with a Tacoma?

Discussion in 'FJ55 Iron Pig Preservation Society' started by MiniPigg, Aug 2, 2005.

1. MiniPigg

MiniPigg

Media:
    Albums:
    The other night one of my dorm neighbors bought a brand new Tacoma with the TRD package. I was checking it out as it was parked next to my pig. One thing I noticed was the rear leaf spring pack. Wow. Then I thought about using that same spring pack in an SOA 55. What do you guys think? Also I'd be interested to see if OME has a HD spring for the Tacoma.

2. cruiseroutfit

cruiseroutfit Supporting Vendor Moderator

OME and Dakar both have a rear spring (0 to GVM rating)... The springs are narrow and way longer compared to a rear 55 spring. There are better options IMHO...

3. MiniPigg

MiniPigg

Media:
    Albums:
    yea... i was thinking about it might be narrow..... but the length didnt look to bad... not as bad as putting chevy springs on a 1st gen 4runner.

hmmm? back to the drawing board.

4. Mark W

Mark W

All you have to do to wipe out a set of factory Tacoma rear springs is THINK about carrying a load in the rig. They wold not last under a Pig. :(

Mark...