SOA with a Tacoma?

Discussion in 'FJ55 Iron Pig Preservation Society' started by MiniPigg, Aug 2, 2005.

1. MiniPigg

MiniPigg

Media:
    Albums:
    The other night one of my dorm neighbors bought a brand new Tacoma with the TRD package. I was checking it out as it was parked next to my pig. One thing I noticed was the rear leaf spring pack. Wow. Then I thought about using that same spring pack in an SOA 55. What do you guys think? Also I'd be interested to see if OME has a HD spring for the Tacoma.

2. cruiseroutfit

cruiseroutfit Supporting Vendor Moderator

OME and Dakar both have a rear spring (0 to GVM rating)... The springs are narrow and way longer compared to a rear 55 spring. There are better options IMHO...

3. MiniPigg

MiniPigg

Media:
    Albums:
    yea... i was thinking about it might be narrow..... but the length didnt look to bad... not as bad as putting chevy springs on a 1st gen 4runner.

hmmm? back to the drawing board.

4. Mark W

Mark W

All you have to do to wipe out a set of factory Tacoma rear springs is THINK about carrying a load in the rig. They wold not last under a Pig. :(

Mark...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.