SOA Ubolt issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dmaddox

SILVER Star
Threads
You guessed it, I cant get that ubolt to work on the front inner diff side. (the long one).

When I rotate the pinion angle to 15 degrees, the housing is squarish right there making the ubolt also turn. It can't pivot like the other 3 ubolts.

what is a safe and reliable alternative? Dont tell me torching and bending is safe and reliable, becuase it doesn't seem that way....plus I don't have tanks for my torch.

hmmmmmm......

thanks!

ragman

piece o cake
on the front side or the side you are gonna put in front you will want a 15 ( if that what you rotated pinion to) deg. bend about 3/4 to 1 in. below where threads stop. The other side gets a 15 deg. bend just below where the threads stop. put in vise , slide jack handle over it and bend , taint that hard tall'......

Ya make not want to hear it... but bending the ubolt IS safe and reliable. And you don't need a torch. Just do it cold. It's not that much of a bend.

Mark...

bend it...torch or otherwise...just the front/forward side tho, the backside doesn't need it.

Never seen one break at the bend... we just put a hi-lift handle over the threaded portion (with a nut on to prevent damaging the thread) and bend away. Works great :D

i had one crack at the bend (not all the way through) noticed it on the trail . welded it on site (campground) vertical bead over the crack . crack was horizontal . held up for the rest of the trip and 500 miles home .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom