soa help re rego qld (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
gady all just aquick question about soa compliance and rego in qld. po did asoa on 76 fj40 pretty good job i think but dont know if ican re rego in qld or nsw please help .also whats the best lift to go for if need to change.:cheers::bang::bang::bang::confused:

i have no idea what the hell you just said?

in english please

I'll help translate if that's OK... My Pennsylvania Dutch is a little rusty though...:D

Good Day all. Just a quick question about SOA compliance and registration in Queensland. PO did a SOA on a 76 FJ40. Pretty good job I think, but I don't know if I can register in Queensland or NSW (New South Wales). Please help. Also, what's the best lift to go for if I need to change (from the SOA).

Wow, I'm glad I stayed in typing class! :D

bloody hell

I'll get to my typing skills after i get truck going cheers for the replys anyway.:censor:

Shoots! I'ld be lie'n if I claimed not to have typos!

Wish I could help. Now if you were in Hawaii, I'ld have you covered.

Best of luck with the authorities!

Giday there mate. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I have a fair idea SOA in Queensland is a no go. However I am pretty sure you can engineer in NSW. As to lift if you have 60/70 or 80 series power steer a nice 2 inch spring lift and some gentle trimming with the magic grinder you may achieve 35's without too much drama. Of course 35's in Queensland are no go but if covered by flares you may not have too many drama's however be aware insurance may wipe you.
Regards
Gary

Sounds like bloody tyranny to me. Once in awhile it sucks to be a Yank, but it's a damn fine thing to be free to drive whatever rusting, rattletrap, homegrown, homemade, booty fab POS I happen to own. :D

ps - you can fit 33s with no trimming, and skinny 33s may not need flares.

yep.. as said above SOA and 35's are illegal in QLD. As are extended shackles.

You WILL get done for 35s (Police and DOT are starting to crack down on this considerably these days)..

There has even been instances of Police defecting hilux's for SOA (even though they are SOA from the factory)...

You should be able to get it rego'd in NSW but that still doesn't make it legal on QLD roads.

Put OME Dakar springs in which will give you a 2" lift. Put 16" x 8" alloys on which you can do legally and piy 33"x12.50 radials on, that will give you nearly 34".
34Inch.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom