SOA finally done, opinions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
Five years later, only brakes, steering rods, seats, PS hose, driveshafts, MT Full Family cage, and electric cooling fan/shroud left to bolt in......so close I can imagine it rolling!

25c20277.jpg

aaef8e77.jpg

df9170bf.jpg

Paint it TLC flat black and it's a wrap, folks. :D

You need to reinforce the crossmember where it was cut for the PS. If not you will have major problems in the future.

To address both concerns....Luke at 4X4 Labs made me a set of plates to box in the entire front, top/bottom and sides. Luke also made the tie / relay rod custom with 1 ton ends and I'm running histeer arms from TG, and they do clear. Went through a wee bit of hell during the shackle reversal on this but once we found zero it was a cinch. Only took three guys to figure it out.

Gusset the top/front of those spring hangers.

Mark...

...most likely with the front bumper design....good point.

Looks like you will be needing longer shocks.......

I have not welded my hoops on, nor my shock tabs on the axle so that's a distinct possibility......OME make LONG ones?

Last edited:
Yeah 17s with 37X12.5 Krawlers......

Hi All:

I believe the N76, or the N75E are the longest Land Cruiser shock OME sells.

Why did you use lift springs on a SOA conversion? The droop travel will be affected by using these springs.

Regards,

Alan

I have not welded my hoops on, nor my shock tabs on the axle so that's a distinct possibility......OME make LONG ones?

Alan,

Springs are never used brand new and should settle, Bilstein 10" travel shocks coming. These OMEs a re new and are gonna be up for sale shortly.

Im contemplating something along these lines. Could you post some pics of the back of the springs?

Looks good... and TALL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom