SOA Driveshaft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EarthX

Owner of Earth Exploration Technologies
Threads
What kind of drive shaft or you SOA guys running on your 60? I just broke me second rear shaft. Both were from Tom Woods
Any info would be great!
Also, how do you feel about making a long drive in front wheel drive???

When you say you "broke it " how did you break it? did it twist off? did it break the yoke?
at the trans or the diff?
Have you cheked you rig for binding at full compression/droop( Iask this cause I see you are near Pismo... which to me = lots o skinny pedal.

how are you breaking them? when i go thru drive shafts, first its a dent then a minute later it looks like a beer can. if the same thing...i would say sleeve them with 1/4inch... as for the drive in front wheel. Dont see a problem. I know my rig would not like it since i get some vibs at speed in 4-hi

I run a Tom Woods with a CV and haven't had any problems. Are you running a traction bar or no? Curious because I'm wondering if I should look at fabbing one up for myself. I'm with the other guys....explain how your driveshaft is "breaking."

if your SOA...you should have a beef wrap bar..

I also have broken a Tom Woods CV on my 62. The u joints have broken in 2. I was told that you cannot buy 60 series u joints from Toyota any longer. All the ones I have broken have been aftermarket junk. I am going back to GM HD parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom