SOA begins!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hahaha Yes I'm looking forward to seeing it for sure. I'm only going to get a few days to drive it this time, so I hope it's ready by June! Thanks for the comments.

New pics

exciting!!!!! I have new pics. Looking good. Jason said he is having an issue with the drive shaft angle. He said he thinks by cutting the cross member he can make it work. I think I saw this in another post before, but I can't remember which one. If you know let me know please. Thanks Let me know what you think.
soa (Small).JPG
soa2 (Small).JPG

that looks awesome. cut and channel the cross member for the driveline clearance. I even had to do it on my SR SU kit. I will post up a pic of the crossmember monday if you need it.

clint

that looks awesome. cut and channel the cross member for the driveline clearance. I even had to do it on my SR SU kit. I will post up a pic of the crossmember monday if you need it.

clint

Thanks! I'd love to see that pic, just post it up when you can. Much appreciated. -Nick

MAAAAAN are you gonna LOVE IT!
Hands down the BEST mod Ive done to date!
Takes a bit of getting used to on the trail, but once you do...

Looks great so far!

Chicago

MAAAAAN are you gonna LOVE IT!
Hands down the BEST mod Ive done to date!
Takes a bit of getting used to on the trail, but once you do...

Looks great so far!

Chicago

Thanks!!!!! I'm so excited to see this finally coming together. It's been a long time in the planning, ordering, and finally giving it the go. I got my BFG M/Ts on order with black steel 15x8's I should have it all up and going by July and I'll get some pics put up. I'll keep posting as it comes to life. :bounce::bounce2:

Oh forgot to mention I just ordered Heckethorn Shocks. I went with the ones that are 4.25" longer than stock. I also ordered the Heckethorn heavy duty steering stabilizer and some new urethane sway bar bushings. I'm getting down to the last few items. Once the SOA is set I guess I'll have to find something else to buy for it. LOL I was trying to find some wet oakle seat covers. We'll see. Just wanted to add that in for anyone who might be looking for shocks. I ordered off of Man-a-fre @ $45 a piece and $60 for the stabilizer kit.

Jason got a lot finished today. He got the rear diffs. worked and installed the rear axle. here's some pics

Well, bad news.....My wheels and tires that have been on backorder are still not in. I was offered pro comps at the same price as the BFG mts but I don't want the pro comps. I wrote them and email, and they said all they could tell me was what the vendor (BFG) was telling them. Good thing I extended over here till JULY or I'd be pissed. Now my option is to A. Be refunded my $1400 dollars that I paid a month ago, or B. wait, wait, wait.......... I don't know what to do. Jason shot me some pics of my 60 sitting on a set of his 35s he had laying around, but I won't post any pics of it complete until it is actually mobile. I will say this, it looks bad ass! exactly the look I was going for.

Maybe you can found the same tires at the same ( or aprox ) price in other place .. get your money and go for your tires ..

Maybe you can found the same tires at the same ( or aprox ) price in other place .. get your money and go for your tires ..

Yeah, I cancelled today and I found the same ones for about $100 cheaper somewhere else. I think I may just get some used 35s and throw them on my stock rims.

with the spring perches, did you just cut them off, and the axles are just free floating?

Jason cut off the old spring perches and ground it down to the a clean finish, then placed the new ones on top. The front axle came cut and turned with spring perches attached I believe. It's a typical Spring over axle conversion, just took the axle from sitting on top of the leafs and set it up so that the leafs sit on the axle gaining about 5-8 inches of lift, case dependent. I'm not sure what you meant, are you asking if they are free floating axles? If that is what you are asking, then no. If the rear was a free floating axle then it would have helped with the gears. In order to get the 4:88s in, the gears had to be ground a little to fit in the pin. A problem that isn't on a free floating axle. Shocks are going to be configured and installed soon. It's going to be a sweet ride!!!! I can't wait.

well. what i saw, in the front, it looked like the spring perches were not on the axle, it looks as though you took them off the bottom, and left the new ones off. can you buy new spring perches, ro do you have to use the old ones?

hey fjdeamon,
here is a crossmember I picked up from lehiguy. a bit more radical than my current one but I couldn't find a decent pic of mine. Anyhow it should give you a good idea on how to cut the crossmember for the front driveline clearnace.

clint

FJ60025.jpg

well. what i saw, in the front, it looked like the spring perches were not on the axle, it looks as though you took them off the bottom, and left the new ones off. can you buy new spring perches, ro do you have to use the old ones?

No it has spring perches on it now. You can buy them new too.

hey fjdeamon,
here is a crossmember I picked up from lehiguy. a bit more radical than my current one but I couldn't find a decent pic of mine. Anyhow it should give you a good idea on how to cut the crossmember for the front driveline clearnace.

clint

FJ60025.jpg

Ahaaaaa....thanks. I'll pass this pic along to get some ideas. Thanks

ok I was going to hold off on posting this, but this is a set of Jason's wheels and tires he threw on to get an idea of how it's going to sit. Looks sweet!!!!!!! Let me know what you guys think.
DSC00689[1] (Small).JPG
DSC00687[1] (Small).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom