So what do I need?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by skyshark186, Jul 10, 2005.

1. skyshark186

skyshark186

Media:
    Seeing as I just bought an 80(sorry Doc), I was wondering what those of you that use em know that I dont. Not in a break this or that kinda way, but a ....what the hell does it "need" kinda way. The lift is there, 35 inch dunlops, arb bullbar and 12000 pound warn, rear lockrite and 4.88s. Im looking at sliders(hoping someone makes). The guy said he took the cat off, so that should eliminate the main problem with the sliders right? Also looking at a powertank for air. I wont use a ton of it, so is it worth the 30 bucks for the 15 pound tank? Better safe than sorry or excessive?

I was looking at a good roof rack, then started thinking. How much mileage(yup I know) does say a large cooler and random camping/wheeling crap take off? Would it be a better investement to get a small trailer?

For you speaker gurus.....I plan on upgrading the door and dash(?) speakers and installing a Rockford Punch X2(have it laying around)10". How large of an amp should I get to run it? Will the upgraded door speakers need new wires, and will they need run to the amp, or with the stock system push them ok?

As usual, thanks for all comments.

2. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Moderator

Search around the 80s forum. There have been several threads about speakers and fitment.

For sliders, there's not only the cat to be concerned about, but the rocher panels. I'd look at Slee, Hanna, or fabricating some on your own using George Scolaro's plans.

Congrats, post some pics!

3. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

I'll have to tell ya to do about 14 hours of reading, everything you have asked so far has been hacked to death.

Oh, CONGRATS!

4. skyshark186

skyshark186

Media:
    Yeah I suppose it has. I read the thing about the speakers yesterday. I wasnt really worried about mounting depth and such, just the quality of the wires themselves. Of course, there is a very real possibility that has been covered as well.

Thanks, Im excited to get it. :cool:

Heres a pic.

5. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

Cool.

FWIW, search the FAQ section. I have an Alpine deck and am using the stock wiring to my Eclipses, no problems. Ran my own wire to give signals to my 12", though.

6. skyshark186

skyshark186

Media:
    Thanks. I figured it would be fine. Never hurts to ask, unless Junk is around that is. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.