So what do I buy now...

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by 83white, Jun 19, 2005.

1. 83white

83white

Just bought a fj60. Mostly stock. Has a good sized lift, so suspension is all done. That's great. Just bought:

http://i14.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/36/de/01_1.JPG

Well worth $122 haha. So I will be getting the slide windows for the rear (gonna hold off since I need to order other stuff from thim too) and the side bars (which will have to be adapted.

I want to get a rear bumper with tire rack to make life better incase of a flat, but who offers a good bumper for the 60's like this. Kaymar looks nice and may be a option, but anything cheaper?

What else might I consider buying for a 84 fj60 that I may be unaware of.

2. Mike S

Mike S

Field Service Manual.

Tune up and complete lubrication change to synthetic. Better shocks if needed.

Spare belts and hoses.

Kaymar is your best bet for a bumper. But think about how many times you will open the back of your truck with a swing away tire carrier to be moved each time, versus the inconvenience of lowering the spare the one time that you have a flat.

If you feel flush, get a 5 speed H55F tranny and new clutch installed.

I would say that the first three items are essential, the last two optional - to be done when you've driven your truck for a year or so, and figured out where you want to make changes.

M

3. Man Jerk

Man Jerk

I don't know what the status is on them, but the 4+ bumper for the 60 and 55 is an unreal piece of work. Makes the Kaymar look like a bubble gum wrapper. Man a fre lists it as "being re-designed" on their website. Serious piece of hardware at a serious price :D

4. 83white

83white

I have always wanted that one....wonder what the deal is...

5. DocB

DocB

Slee Sliders. Custom rear Q panel protection/rear sliders, integrated into whatever rear bumper you make or get. Aussie H41 grannyish low 4 speed from Specter. Wrangler MTRs. Me likey the front bumper.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.