so u think u can garden!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got a garden? Post up some pics and we can talk smack about gardening skills as well. Heck we lie about everything else.:grinpimp:
058.jpg

tomatoes, beans, peppers and lettuce!!

i am wanting to try grapes or muskydines or something on the fence. When i was a kid where i grew up we had muskydines. Loved them. Would eat them until i was sick!!

Blueberries are nice to plant for an afternoon snack as well. I like cayenne peppers myself. I like to eat them raw right off the bush.

We are working on re-doing our backyard, so I haven't planted anything in the back yet. Just the usual annuals in the front along with the palm trees that sprout new growth every summer.

Jeremy

We've planted a few tomato plants, some cantaloupe, watermelon, sunflowers, cucumbers, etc. in a small garden on the side of the house. Everything is doing well so far.

Sent using the kickin' IH8MUD Android app

I always do a garden. will post some pics as soon as i get them loaded. would love to see others as well.

5 Tomatoes, 10 peppers, climbing beans and cukes, squash/zuchinni, , eggplant, three types of lettuce, garlic and onions, 4 blackberries, 25 strawberries (4 qts a day) and 5 blueberry bushes. Add the artsy fartsy bamboo trellis and herb spiral and ......................

I win :cheers:

Now if only it was in my yard, or I even had a yard :crybaby:

Im down to a half dozen containers and some peppers mixed in the front foundation that it looks like the bugs will be harvesting more than me this year.:frown:
garden n berrypatch 014.jpg
garden n berrypatch 015.jpg

I have been lazy this year, hope to get some plants out soon, have ~ a 30'x50' area plowed just need to go out and get some plants in the ground. Deer eat me out of house and home almost every year. I planted over 40 tomato plants 2 years ago and they ate everyone to the ground except 2. Lat year I planted them next my house and they did OK.

I did a small garden this year since it was my first one that i planted at this house. 2 tomato plants, a few jalapeno's and a few hot bananna peppers.

i'm not into gardening but i did write a book on gardening.

It's called "How to make 250K a year with a 1/2 acre of land"

It's all about how to grow pot. It's illegal but it's seriously the biggest cash crop in Cali.

Here is my garden this year.

garden3.jpg

garden1.jpg

garden2.jpg

Decided this year to do the boxes for the plants, because i got tired of trying to weed the dang garden. This will hopefully make it easier. I got cucumbers, tomatos, peppers, sunflowers and one strawberry bush. I have to make a trellis for the cucumbers, they are starting to want to climb. I am really thinknig bout doing more. I was talking to a buddy at wwork and he said a couple that he knows actually relandscaped their yard with all edible plants. I got to thinknig bout doing that with blackberries, blueberrys and such. Would be nice.

We are trying to do an heirloom garden this year.
The herb garden is first on the left through the arbor.
The upper right garden is Marconi peppers, okra, squash,
Roma tomatoes and taters.
The second level on the left are greasy back pole beans.
The lower level to the right are tomatoes (Cherokee purples, Mortgage Lifters,
Rutgers, German Pink and some others) and taters.
Enough to feed us well and can some plus give away to friends.
Garden.jpg
Gaeden 1.jpg
Garden 3.jpg

its fun to see what others are doing. Some of the stuff u guys planted never even crossed my mind. Blue/blackberries would be fun if it is not too late.

i am wanting to try grapes or muskydines or something on the fence. When i was a kid where i grew up we had muskydines. Loved them. Would eat them until i was sick!!

Bugs always got our grapes. mainly those Toyota Beetle, a.k.a. Japanese Beetle.
Hormone traps, the works. We gave up. I too have always wanted to go grapes.
There are wineries nearby so obviously THEY figured out those beetles.
Thanks! I might give it another go. Inspiration is all we need sometimes.
Well that and sweat.
Muskydine are cool. The wood path to my nearest neighbor requires you
make a choice. Go over or under a vine as big as your wrist.
Drop a sheet on the ground when they are ripe and ready. Shake vine.
Cover your head.
Blueberries out by the deck and in the woods are full of native wild blueberries.
Seems to be a good year for them for some reason.
I want a nice old purple grape. I want to chew that skin. Pluck 'em and eat 'em.
Good luck !
:cheers:

I win..... This is from two years ago at my moms with my help but I have to much ball now. This is a great sport that is fun, rewarding, and a great workout...
garden 09 001.jpg
garden 09 003.jpg
garden 09 006.jpg

more pics.. the 3rd pic is called work n hands
garden 09 025.jpg
garden 09 028.jpg
garden 09 053.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom