So this REAL big box shows up at work.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yesterday was just another day at work....

Until a freight truck shows up....

I didnt pay much attention at first (after all... we get stuff all the time through shipping and receiving ) until I noticed my co-workers acting kinda strange about the delivery. :confused:

I went to investigate, but I was quickly "distracted" by my manager who started asking me questions that he already knew the answers to .. ? ?

OK.. Whats going on here !! ??

His attention then turned towards this mystery box ... oddly, just as everyone in my department gathered near it...

And then I see an unmistakable logo on the top of the box ...

I know I didnt order it, but who did ?

Care to guess what was in the box guys ? :grinpimp:

OK I give up, I think your truck is set up pretty good and can't think of anything it needs that would take freight. Guess: aux gas tank?

Whatever it is, I will take your left overs:D

you love these damn guessing games. If you dont post soon i wont be able to sleep tonight and i have classes all day tommorrow, please dont do this to me.

OK I give up, I think your truck is set up pretty good and can't think of anything it needs that would take freight. Guess: aux gas tank?

Whatever it is, I will take your left overs:D

Good guess Toy, That ( Aux tank) is very high on my list of mods....

But... No :D

PS.. let me look through my "leftovers" bin , and I will get back to Ya ;)

you love these damn guessing games. If you dont post soon i wont be able to sleep tonight and i have classes all day tommorrow, please dont do this to me.

OK, I guess that would be kinda mean LX , so... I`ll spill the beans ;p

I am standing there, just looking confused at the box... For a moment actually dreaming that it was for me. :crybaby:

Then my boss says "congratulations on 20 years of service to the company"

I nearly crapped my pants... seriously..
IMG_2417.jpg

Holy ....

That looks freakin' awesome....

Congrats, Sin.

I am standing there, just looking confused at the box... For a moment actually dreaming that it was for me. :crybaby:

Then my boss says "congratulations on 20 years of service to the company"

I nearly ****ped my pants... seriously..

you know, i had a feeling it was the rooftop tent, but i didnt want to look like an ass for being wrong. I guess i would have been considered a stalker too if i DID get it right, oh well.

It looks amazing...did they really buy you it? Thats crazy

Thanks kathmandu !

I think I`m still in a mild state of shock.

Owning a rooftop tent has been a dream of mine for some time, but I just couldnt bring myself to drop that kinda money on something that was (so seemingly) a luxury, not a neccessity...

The quality of the EEzi-Awn product is 100% top-notch... Its more amazing than I even imagined... So much so that it almost makes dealing with the general public on a daily basis bearable :D

I cant wait to try this bad-boy out... Im planning a 2 week trip though Northern Nevada later this Spring , and now I know that I wont be spending a DIME on hotel rooms !! :cheers:

you know, i had a feeling it was the rooftop tent, but i didnt want to look like an ass for being wrong. I guess i would have been considered a stalker too if i DID get it right, oh well.

It looks amazing...did they really buy you it? Thats crazy

Thats O.K. LX, we already know you are a stalker :D

I`m still waiting to get a bill and then be told it was just a sick April fools joke :frown:

Uhhh..I think I`ll run outside real quick just to make sure I am not dreaming !!

Lee: Congratulations!!! What a great thing for an/your employer to do...and to make you want to hang around to see what they get you in another 20-years :D . Ooooo maybe it'll be a trailer;) .

Got mine fired up last night...minus one nut;) ...glad that one's over:rolleyes: .

Holly Crap Batman!
That's just awesome. You must be a an asset for your company.

Congrats

Alvaro

Lee: Congratulations!!! What a great thing for an/your employer to do...and to make you want to hang around to see what they get you in another 20-years :D . Ooooo maybe it'll be a trailer;) .

Got mine fired up last night...minus one nut;) ...glad that one's over:rolleyes: .

Thanks Dan, I`m glad your rig is back with the living ( If only you could find a parts guy that can get the right nuts for you the first try ;) ) .

Holly Crap Batman!
That's just awesome. You must be a an asset for your company.

Congrats

Alvaro

Appreciate it Alvaro.

I think I`m considered more of an ass than an asset most of the time by my co-workers, but I guess I must`ve done something right all these years ! :)

Wow, that's an awesome surprise gift! An Eezi-Awn is on the top of my list too. Is that a model 1200?

Now that's a boss! Don't find those nice ones that often, let alone one that would actually get you something useful for YOUR rig. It's nice to see our parts Guru's getting what they deserve.
Congrats on the 20 years!

wow! what a gift!

guess you must have been salivating and blabbering about these a lot at work eh...? :)

Wow, that's an awesome surprise gift! An Eezi-Awn is on the top of my list too. Is that a model 1200?

Its the 1600 model Hoser, and its one BIG son-of-a-gun ! I will post some more pics of it (showing hows its mounted to the rack, etc.. ) soon. I was not looking forward to mounting it, but the install was actually a breeze once I decided to remove the AO rack from the roof and do the the measuring, drilling and mounting on the ground...

The weight of that tent is pretty damn hefty ( Thank goodness we had a forklift @ work to place the whole thing back on top afterwards !! ) and I am dreading having to take it on and off due to the weight and awkwardness, But I was very surprised at how easy it was to attach it to the rack itself and actually how quiet it was at highway speed :cheers:

Now that's a boss! Don't find those nice ones that often, let alone one that would actually get you something useful for YOUR rig. It's nice to see our parts Guru's getting what they deserve.
Congrats on the 20 years!

Thanks Jeff... I guess I cant bad-mouth my boss for a while now, eh ? :D

wow! what a gift!

guess you must have been salivating and blabbering about these a lot at work eh...? :)

Oh yeah e9999 ... We are like family at my work, and it was no secret that I have been drooling over the Eezi-Awn for years !

I almost parked on my lawn tonight and camped in it, but my neighbors already think I am a bit "off" ;)

Very nice sin, I know now we all are wishing we had a boss as cool (at least in this instance) as yours. Your gonna love sleeping on the roof. We got the cheapie and love being off the ground.:D

That rocks!

:bounce:

Congratulations. It's nice to hear that people are treated right by management. I thought those days were long gone.

Have you filled out your vacation papers yet? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom