So the desmog began today... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I started to desmog my 91 today!! I pulled the hoses and solenoids out and off of the smog system. The injectors and pump will come off as soon as I get a belt and some plugs. And then the EGR will fall off as soon as a plug and plate are ready to be placed in their new homes.

My question is - When I remove the EGR, can I remove the aux blower that blows air on the intake since the hot EGR wont be there anymore?

i am in the midst of a head gasket replacement. so i am assuming those 4 little exhaust gas inputs are injectors that can just be plugged off?

because the place where the smog pump was, is going to become a york.

the visual inspection here in az does not really pay much attention to whether or not the egr is there and works.

I started to desmog my 91 today!! I pulled the hoses and solenoids out and off of the smog system. The injectors and pump will come off as soon as I get a belt and some plugs. And then the EGR will fall off as soon as a plug and plate are ready to be placed in their new homes.

My question is - When I remove the EGR, can I remove the aux blower that blows air on the intake since the hot EGR wont be there anymore?

It's your choice. I did my 92 a year ago and left the intake blower hooked up. On hot days it still blows after the engine is turned off. When the engine is turned off, the main source of the heat on the intake is from the exhaust manifold, not the EGR. I understand that it helps on restarting a hot engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom